cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused: why has my speed dropped on ADSL2+

Bojangles
Grafter

Re: Confused: why has my speed dropped on ADSL2+

I'm testing Multimode and Annex M modulation setting with my 2800v at the moment. Seems to give a slight increase in sync speed.
Lorian
Grafter

barxme - I still didn't read all the thread but look like just a co-incidence and your target SNR has reduced.
IF your line becomes stable and your error rates are low you could bump your codding gain up slightly for even higher sync, but it can be problematic on the 2800  Shocked I'd suggest having a read at forums.draytek.co.uk
Barxme
Grafter

Cheers bojangles I was thinking of that a while ago, will give it a wizz today
and thanks lorian
rgds barry
Barxme
Grafter

Bojangles you may be interested in this graph after changing to multimode on my 2800g router, at first it jumped to ever 4 m/bits
never been that high before, will let it settle down and post back
Barxme
Grafter

[url=http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk][img]http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/re

its getting beyond a joke now, it just took 10 mins to get logeed into here
Barxme
Grafter

nothing going right tonight!
Barxme
Grafter

obviously something is wrong the  SNR has jumped up again
Bojangles
Grafter

Sorry to hear you're having troubles still. My profile has risen from 13000 to 16000 according to the plusnet checker atleast. Hopefully it will last.
Oh after the first day of being set to Multimode I was watching Iplayer at about 01:00hrs and then the connection dropped. I tried logging into the router, thinking it was a resync and hoping for a higher sync but I couldn't even do that. Had to reboot via the router switch.
Have had a look at the Draytek forums and it seems the 2800 isn't of the same standard of other Drayteks. Supposedly it wasn't made as an ADSL2+ and only had the functionality after firmware releases. So I thought I'd take a look for a Netgear DG834 as they seem to be good at holding connections. So just bought one of ebay for a few pounds but shortly after purchasing I noticed the picture showing the old grey V1 model. Now I've also read that these were from the time that Netgears were shoddy and that only the later ones V3/V4 are worthwhile.