cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about old/new Plusnet webspace

PeterSoul
Grafter

Confused about old/new Plusnet webspace

Hello -- I've been "hosted" by Plusnet for a long while, without even knowing it to start with!

1) My first email address was peter@[username].charitydays.co.uk.

2) I also had webspace at www.username,charitydays.co.uk.

3) I then acquired the domain www.[myname].co.uk -- and later I stopped bothering with (2).

4) Then charitydays became Plusnet...

My question is: do I still have webspace equivalent to (2) with a URL that's different from the domain (3) (which I still use, as a Plusnet legacy I believe)?  If so, how do I access it (to view, and to upload)?  The old URL (2) doesn't work, of course, and if I try www.username.plus.com, that just takes me (in two steps) to (3).

I hope my confusion is clear.  The Plusnet help-people couldn't help with this one.

And if the "supplementary" webspace doesn't exist now, what is the simplest way of acquiring a second URL?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
PeterSoul
Grafter

Re: Confused about old/new Plusnet webspace

Sorry -- I am reposting this under Everything Else, as it isn't really a broadband problem!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Confused about old/new Plusnet webspace

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Topic locked in favour of

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Confused-about-old-new-Plusnet-webspace/m-p/1408538

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine