cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Pro

talpa
Grafter

Confused about Pro

Completely confused about the various "Pro" options.
I originally signed up to PlusNet Broadband Your Way Pro, which (At the time) gave me 15GB. Subsequently you helpfully emails to say this had been increased to 20GB - hurrah!
Today - I was browsing around the site, and thought I'd check out the other offers (I'm particularly interested as my exchange is fairly rural and I quite often can't get the headline price-points due to lack of unbundling etc.). So, the site recognized that my phone number was already with PlusNet, which directed me to the upgrade process. This gives me (Amongst other things), the following two options:
PlusNet Pro - £19.99
    * 20GB Usage Allowance
    * Peer-to-Peer/Binary USENET
    * The pro choice for downloads, gaming, music and more
[Your current Product] PlusNet Broadband Your Way Pro - £19.99
    * 15GB Usage Allowance
    * Peer-to-Peer/Binary USENET - Expected speeds explained
    * Providing the best network performance, ideal for gaming and VoIP
    * Monthly Contract
Now - I'm fairly sure I didn't imagine the email that said 15GB was now 20GB, and indeed my view my usage says that the paid-for amount is 20GB - so why does this say 15? Also - the only difference I can see between the two is "monthly contract" on the BBYWP option - is that right? Are there any other differences?
17 REPLIES 17
nittygritty
Grafter

Re: Confused about Pro

i,m on a 1 month rolling contract with plusnet, i,m also using the pro package, my usage is 20gb a month, not sure why u only get 15mb
talpa
Grafter

I'm fairly sure I get 20GB - that's certainly what View My Usage reckons - but the upgrade tool makes it look like I'd be better off moving to the "new" Pro - which I'm fairly sure I wouldn't (Looks to be exactly the same, but presumably I'd be on a new annual contract?)
nittygritty
Grafter

as long as your usage shows ur limit is 20gb u should be fine, just leave it as it is, i wouldnt upgrade as you wouldnt get any new benifits out of it
nittygritty
Grafter

one good thing about the 1month rolling contract is u can leave at any time, whereas if you upgrade you will most likely enter into a new 12 month contract, one of the reasons i choose it due to past experience with virgin, id like the option to leave should things go bad without penalty
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No you don't.
There are no 12 month rolling contracts with Plusnet,.
The only 12 month tie in is if you take one of the freebies as these have to be paiod for if you leave within 12 months
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
It looks like an error with the account change process. BBYW Pro was 15GB but is now 20GB, and has been for some time.
By moving to new Pro you'd have the option of ADSL2+ if it's available at your exchange, and Market 3 pricing if your exchange is Market 3.
BBYW Pro's only advantage is you can switch between BBYW products (which are not available to anyone not on a BBYW product already).
None of our products have a 12 month contract any more, the notice period is 10 days on all residential products.
nittygritty
Grafter

thats odd, when i took out my package it gave me option of a 1 month contract, or a 12 month contract, that was only a month  ago
nittygritty
Grafter

i paid £40 quid for the 1 month option, i didnt take out your router as i had my own, so if thats true about no 12 month contracts anymore why did i have to pay £40 for the 1 month contract?Huh
Mand
Grafter

That's a deferred contract.
Basically if you take that and then stay with us for 12 months we'll write off the fee.
The pay up front gives you the 10 day notice period straight off.
The difference is if we had 12 month contract and the deferred contract you'd need to pay the deferred costs *and* the remaining subscription payments until the end of your contract if you wanted to leave.
nittygritty
Grafter

so if i stay until next march that £40 i paid upfront will i get that refunded back to me next march?
Mand
Grafter

No, because you chose the pay upfront option.
If you'd signed up and had chosen the deferred option we would have written that off next year.
talpa
Grafter

By moving to new Pro you'd have the option of ADSL2+ if it's available at your exchange, and Market 3 pricing if your exchange is Market 3.

Ah, right - now that was one of the things I wanted to check. Do I take it that since it only offered by 2.5Mb, and standard £19.99 price that my neither of those options are available to me?
Mand
Grafter

Hi talpa,
You'd need to upgrade to the new Pro to get those.
talpa
Grafter

I understand they're only available on the "new" version - but are they even available to me anyway (ie - my phone number, on my exchange)? That's what I was trying to check!