cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused By BT Speedtest Graphs - help appreciated...

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Confused By BT Speedtest Graphs - help appreciated...

CliffTopp, the Plusnet profile you mention is the Current Line Speed that has already been mentioned (and it's 12Mbps in Simon's case above).
What is worth pointing out is that since the change to the 21CN IP line profiling just over 12 months ago, and a subsequent change to the Delta report format, (also updates weren't occurring in a timely manner if they actually occurred), a Plusnet profile change took effect as soon as the value altered.
As a result of all the recent changes on the BT and Plusnet side to alleviate the previously mentioned issue, an automatically updated increased Plusnet Current Line Speed usually results in an automatic restart of the PPP session. However if the Current Line Speed is manually changed by Plusnet, it appears the user needs to manually restart a PPP session before the change takes effect. HTH.
CliffTopp
Dabbler

Quote from: Anotherone
As a result of all the recent changes on the BT and Plusnet side to alleviate the previously mentioned issue, an automatically updated increased Plusnet Current Line Speed usually results in an automatic restart of the PPP session.

I must just be unlucky then  Cry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Don't worry, you aren't the only one, but that appears to only have started again recently mind.
SimonofHenley
Dabbler

I just did the disconnect / reconnect (without a reboot) and re-ran the BT Speedtest. Result is below - and it's looking good!
I don't want to get my hopes up (for starters, this test was round mid-morning, the others were all late evening), but I know PlusNet staff have been looking at this, so hopefully they've tracked down the problem...
Thoughts anyone?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yay! Looking good.
Now you just need to ask for your upstream to be uncapped and you'll see faster upload speeds as well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That's looking much better, if you do need anything else(uncapped upstream) or any other questions, give me a nudge and I'll get that sorted for you.
Chris