cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring xbox live with Thomson Router TG585v7

dsmail
Grafter

Configuring xbox live with Thomson Router TG585v7

I can't get my xbox live to work with this router. I'd appreciate any setup information / tips. All other wireless devices in the house work fine (Wii, laptops. ipods etc) but
I can't get anywhere with the xbox connection, it states that it can't find any network and I can't seem to configure it.  I have to admit networking is not one of my strong points so please keep it simple!!
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
4 REPLIES 4
gyre
Grafter

Re: Configuring xbox live with Thomson Router TG585v7

The two settings that worked for me when running xbox live through this router were to enable plug and play, and to turn off strict/safe mode.
I can't remember offhand where you find them on the GUI tho.  Perhaps the Games and Applications page?
-- gyre --
dsmail
Grafter

Thanks for the tip - sadly still no joy and a disgruntled teenage son with an xbox subscription he can't use.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Doesn't Xbox live work at all? Don't suppose you're in a position to try a wired instead of a wireless connection? That's always worked fine for me out of the box.The fact you don't seem to be able to connect at all suggests that you might not be entering the Wireless security settings correctly in the console's adapter settings?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dsmail
Grafter

Thanks for your response. Xbox live doesn't work at all. Haven't tried connecting via a wired connection.  I'm not even "offered" the wireless security settings in the console's adapter settings - as though the console isn't seeing the wireless adapter plugged in to it. Have tried another wireless adapter unit, but no difference. The adapters both  display a red light (not flashing) Is this pointng to a fault in the console?