cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a new router

barbieg43
Grafter

Configuring a new router

I have bought a T P Link router. Is it difficult to set up please?
9 REPLIES 9
PLan
Grafter

Re: Configuring a new router

What's the model of your router and are you on ADSL or fibre broadband?  Smiley
barbieg43
Grafter

It's the Archer d5 ac1200 wireless dual band gigabit ADSL2 + MODEM.
PLan
Grafter

The quick setup guide seems easy enough to follow - http://www.tp-link.us/resources/document/Archer_D5_V1_QIG.pdf
barbieg43
Grafter

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post this. I will take the plunge and give it a go. I'm just worried as I've never done anything like this before, but I felt it was time I upgraded the router . Will get back when I have done it later today.. Thanks.
barbieg43
Grafter

Picked the router up this morning and have actually managed to set it up. I was so worried as I have never had to do it before as I've always used the router from plus net. All seems to be working ok, so thanks for the info, it gave me time to familiarise myself with the instructions.
barbieg43
Grafter

Everything is working, but really slow to load pages and get timed out. Can anybody help please.
Have had to go back to my plusnet router to check if it was a different problem, and I'm skating along so it must be something to do with the TP Link router. I followed the set up to the letter, and everything worked immediately but took an age to load anything, or got timed out. Does anyone have any ideas. I'm a complete novice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

As a starting point the DSL stats for both routers would be worth looking at.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barbieg43
Grafter

Sorry, but what is DSL? I am a novice and old!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

It's the stats that'll tell you how fast the link (WAN) is running, signal strength, errors etc.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.