Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conection dropping ???? Is it Skype

Ki
Grafter

Conection dropping ???? Is it Skype

Hi there
Iv noticed connection drops hen i use Skype but also tonight looking on youtube???
Any advice guy's?
14 REPLIES 14
Ki
Grafter

Re: Conection dropping ???? Is it Skype

Can someone please give me an answer regarding this .... Or is Skype voip and do you have to pay for it is that why connections dropping
mikko
Grafter

It may be that Skype is using your PC as a 'node' which could use a lot of bandwidth if you have a basically fast connection and would route traffic through your PC without your knowledge. You could check by installing netmeter which gives a graphical display of what's passing in and out of your PC.
The quickest test is to quit Skype and see what happens. If no change then uninstall it - still no change then it's not Skype.
mikko
Grafter

BTW, since tou mentioned Youtube also, it doesn't look like a 'node' problem.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ki,
Looking at your connection logs there's been a few drops showing over the past couple of days. If you could unplug everything but the router from the phone line and make sure the router is in the master socket that will confirm it's a fault with the line and we can get that raised for you.
Hope that helps,
Ki
Grafter

Ok getting the feeling im not going to get a straight answer on this forum  regarding Skype Embarrassed
and dropped calls  Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Ki,
Like Matt mentioned we think this is due to your connection dropping altogether and not an issue with skype which is why we are recommending going down the route of broadband fault investigation.
In addition to what Matt's advised there I'm also going to recommend using our fault checker at https://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ki
Grafter

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Im so sick off this iv done everything you guys have asked me and still i can not: Use Skype without internet connection dropp and i have to restart my laptop
                                                                                                                                                            i can not: Whatch youtube ..without internet connection dropp and i have to restart my laptop
                                                                                                                                                            i can not: Whatch video stream .without internet connection dropp and i have to restart my laptop
Why should i have to pay for a service i have not been able too use since i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have even purchased a BT i plate at my own cost i really know longer can do this anymore it's totally ridiculous but every mounth you take my money
I would like to reguest please that i can leave and not have too pay to as im not getting what i paid for at all and are nolonger wanting your services
kind regards very unhappy  Cry Cry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A moment thought
You are presumably using a router
You say that you need to restart your laptop to get the internet connection back again
This doesn't indicate a problem with the internet connection of your router but between the router and the laptop.
Are you connecting by wireless and if so can you try connecting by cable
Ki
Grafter

You guys have told be that at your end the conection keeps dropping and that you been testting the line for weeks Now...
Also did you know that the line speed should be 5 to 5.5 iv never got past 3.9 as i check allthe time
Please i just dont  want to be with you anymore as i not happy with the line speeds , connection drop and the fact i can not do what i paid for
at anytime of the day !!!!!!!!!
Example i tried to whatch a film last night online .. 6 times i had to restart my laptop as the connection reset it's self i give up in the end and went to bed
It is not the router  and even if it was Yet again if i have to wire it to the router im not getting what i paid for again 1!!!!!
what does it take for you guys too understand that keeping a customer tied too a contract when you are not for filling your legal obligations
is down right WRONG
Ki
Grafter

YET AGAIN IM PUBLICLY REQUESTING THAT IM WANT TO LEAVE PLUSNET AT NO EXTRA COST TO MYSELF AS I HAVE NOT RECIEVED THE SERVICE I SIGNED UP FOR!!
THANK YOU
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I bet you have a dodgy wireless connection - if so, fix it!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Ki
YET AGAIN IM PUBLICLY REQUESTING THAT IM WANT TO LEAVE PLUSNET AT NO EXTRA COST TO MYSELF AS I HAVE NOT RECIEVED THE SERVICE I SIGNED UP FOR!!
THANK YOU
Tell you what, What about heeding other members advice?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Oh and you cant request a mac key on the forum, Phone plusnet If your not happy and want to leave.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just been reading through all your various post, what a muddled person you are, If you really want help you should do as people ask.
And what makes you think you should have a Sky Sports subscription on PN?
And why do you think that moving from Value to Extra has changed your speed? it might change some priority setting but not your connection speed
Stop being a nuisance to your self and answer a few questions if you really want help