cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computers can't login to each other

TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Computers can't login to each other

I have just set up a Belkin wirless router and I can't get the PC and laptop to communicate with each other.  From the laptop I try and enter my computer as I want to use the printer and I can't get in. It asks for a password and as I am the only one using the computer I have no use for one. I have NO neighbours for half a mile as I live in the countryside, but of course the router is secure and needs a password.
So I have no password as I just want to login each day and every day without that hassle. I switch and let it load whilst I get on with other things. How can I get the laptop to see my computer and use the printer? I have it all ticked for sharing. The PS is Win7 64bit and the laptop Vista 32bit
Would be grateful for any advice
Thanks
Tony
2 REPLIES 2
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Computers can't login to each other

You haven't got homegroup set up on W7 have you?  Embarrassed
And have you tried just opening a shared folder and entering the remote systems normal username and a blank password when prompted?
I recall having problems sharing a printer a while back where I had to open up a normal shared folder first and enter credentials as above before it could be seen properly.
A weird Vista bug I think.
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Re: Computers can't login to each other

Thanks for your reply.  I think I have to set up a another account on my PC and then sort it out from there as it keeps asking for passwords.  Well in this house there is no need for passwords or extra accounts.  But it may mean that I have to here.  Which means I just can't turn on my comp and let it load up, I have to then chose the login which will be a pain.  I am sure someone may have an answer.  If things were more simpler, but I am sure with help and in time I will crack it