Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer now connected to router by Ethernet but need to go wi-fi

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Computer now connected to router by Ethernet but need to go wi-fi

I know I will sound dumb, but I am not sure even from http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_connect_win7.shtml how to change the connection type from Ethernet to wi-fi. I do have apparatus on the other side of the computer that is connected wirelessly, but somehow the set up on the Internet side is confusing me. Hopefully you'll be able to helpme. Please!
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
2 REPLIES 2
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Computer now connected to router by Ethernet but need to go wi-fi

If the unit has a wifi connection then just remove the network cable, and then check to see if it still has an internet connection.
From the link you are using W7, cant help there, but usually you need to enable the wifi, some laptops have a switch to turn it on/off. If it is enabled then it should connect after you put the password in the security box.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Computer now connected to router by Ethernet but need to go wi-fi

Thank you! Smiley The hardest part was getting the cables out, they having been in so long! Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.