cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for loss of service

Lucy84
Hooked

Compensation for loss of service

On 28th Dec 2022 I reported a loss of service via the online help and automated text chat service. I received a reply on 29th Dec 2022 to tell me that there was a total loss of service across my local area due to a major service outage. It had already been escalated up to BT Openreach and was due to be fixed by 10th January 2023.

It was actually fixed a bit quicker, I think by 4th January 2023 however, we're still without any service (no broadband OR phone line) for 8 days.
I read that Plusnet is signed up to the OfCom automatic compensation scheme and it should compensate £8.40 per day, but this has not been applied to my account.

Any ideas as to why?
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Lucy84
Hooked

Re: Compensation for loss of service

*however, we were still without service for 8 days.
That's what I was supposed to type!
Lucy84
Hooked

*however, we were still without service for 8 days.
That's what I was supposed to type!
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

@Lucy84 This compensation is applied as a discount on your monthly invoices. When is your billing date?

John
Lucy84
Hooked

Billing date is 28th Jan. Have received the bill today via email.and no reductions or compensation is showing.
jab1
Legend

In that case, I suggest you give Plusnet a ring, although if your invoice date is the 28th, I'm a little surprised you have received it today.

From my experience, when I was a PN customer, I was only advised on the date of issue.

John
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hiya @Lucy84

I'm sorry for the confusion and the hassle it's causing you. We send an email after 30 days of the fault being resolved and this will confirm the amount. 

It is then added to the following bill from that point, please don't worry your email will come through soon Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@SammyM Thanks for the detail - I wasn't aware of the full procedure. 😉

John
Lucy84
Hooked

Thank you. I'm possibly a bit ahead of myself then. I'll keep an eye out and see what happens in February.
Lucy84
Hooked

Hi,

Please can someone advise further on this as I have received my bill for February and there is NO compensation showing.

I thought I would be entitled to the £8odd a day for the few days I was without service.

Plusnet could you call me to discuss please?

Thank you
jab1
Legend

@Lucy84 If your  invoice date is the 28th of the month, how come you have received it today? Irrespective of that, have you received the email yet?

John
Lucy84
Hooked

It's been over the 30 days and I have not yet received any email from plusnet.

On my login it says my billing date is the 20th of each month, but the payment leaves my account on theb28thbof each month. I don't know how or why it does but it suits me as the 28th so I don't want to change it!
jab1
Legend

OK - I realised that you were invoiced on the 20th of the month, but only after I had logged off for the night - was going to correct this this morning. The 7/8 day gap between your invoice date and the payment leaving your account is due to the way PN place their payment process with the banks.

If you have not received the email, I would contact PN by phone - you should have. Also note that the compensation will only be for 5 days - the Service Level Agreement between PN (and other residential providers) allows Openreach 3 working days from you reporting an issue to them sorting it, and those days are excluded from any compensation calculations.

John
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @Lucy84 

Thanks for getting back to us, I've dropped you an email to let you know what I've done today to resolve this. As it does include account specific info I'm not able to send the same over here. 

You can also view the same message on your member centre here

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team