Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Fault Ticket

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Closed Fault Ticket

On Saturday (23rd Aug) I was sent an email from plusnet support informing me that my fault ticket had been closed.
Username xxxxxxxxx
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now closed Question number [ 25747976 ].
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr XXXX,
Thank you for informing us that your fault is now resolved.
Due to the very nature of faults, we can only request that you monitor the
connection for several days, in order to confirm you are satisfied this is resolved
in full.

Firstly, I was not expecting the ticket/question to be closed as I am still monitoring the fault. This email was received on the 20th August.
Username xxxxxxxxx
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now escalated your Question [number  25747976 ]
for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr XXXXX,
Our records do confirm that the connection is currently over 42 hours.
The ticket will remain open for 14 days with yourself to monitor the connection,
this should be more than enough time for you to test your old equipment.

Secondly, the question does not appear in the 'Closed Questions' of the 'My Questions'  pages. I thought that these should all be retained as a permanent record of the fault resolution.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
3 REPLIES 3
Emma
Grafter

Re: Closed Fault Ticket

The ticket has no doubt just been escalated back to yourself, if its not in the closed tickets in the member center it is still open and you can still add a comment. However it will time out after 14 days.
Because the connection looks more stable the ticket gets passed back to yourself to monitor and you canlet the faults team know if you want any more help or assistance during that 14 days.
Just check in my questions for open questions, or if it says there is a ticket that requires you to respond then it is open awaiting you to update. If the fault reappears after the 14 days the old fault ticket can be accessed to speed up resolution.
hope this helps
Emma
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The ticket has no doubt just been escalated back to yourself, if its not in the closed tickets in the member center it is still open and you can still add a comment. However it will time out after 14 days

Unfortunately not Emma, the agent has actually closed the ticket.
The question is showing in your closed questions area, however it's quite far down the page. Once you've got to the 'My Questions' page do a ctrl-f to find the question ID (ID: 25747976)
If you have any problems with the fault then I'd suggest raising a normal help ticket and referencing the closed fault one.
Sorry about that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks Emma and Chris for your replies.
Maybe I should have been more specific in my post. At first I could not find the question in either the 'Open' or 'Closed' questions. As the question was closed recently I was expecting it to appear near the top. I had not appreciated that the display order was based on the date the question was initially opened rather than last updated. My mistake :-[. Now located and read.
I still don't understand why it was closed within the 14 days, unless it was closed on the basis of a response from 'the supplier', presumably BT Openreach?
My other car isn't a Ferrari