cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim for compensation for lack of broadband service?

ajfenwick57

Claim for compensation for lack of broadband service?

Hi, I placed a support request with Plusnet on Sunday 5 November as I had no broadband connection and my router was displaying a flashing red light. They said the issue was due to a fault on the line and promised a BT Openreach engineer within 72 hours.

No such engineer ever appeared and I had to contact Plusnet myself to tell them that nothing had happened after the promised time.

They've then now added an additional 96 hours wait time just for an engineer to come out and see exactly what the problem with the line is. My question is, what are my rights to compensation for my service being down for over a week? I'm thinking of going down the EU route as well as breach of contract.

Many thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Claim for compensation for lack of broadband service?

Hi Folks!

Which emailed me today that Ofcom are planning to introduce a compensation scheme soon. They are talking about £5 a day for failed a new connection, £8 a day for failed connection after 2 days and £25 for engineer failing to turn up on appoitment or cancellation.  They have estimated this may cost them £142 million per year which should sharpen things up a bit!

We shall keep an eye on tis??

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): White space removed.

colintivy
Rising Star

Sorry first Post vanished!

BT and others seem to agree.!!

Colin

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

I removed the blank post

@colintivy

There is a thread regarding automatic compensation here.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

colintivy
Rising Star

@Mav Thanks for for pointing me to the long discussion on the subject.

I do not often look in Chat and missed your reference to the thread. I merely commented on my Post the news that something was afoot. Perhaps it could have been moved to the "senior" area?

Colin.

ajfenwick57

That's good, thanks but it looks like Plusnet haven't agree to joining the scheme yet and it doesn't kick in until 2019. Still, progress, I guess.