cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chuckle Brothers appear to be in charge of new connections

ARealHighlander

Chuckle Brothers appear to be in charge of new connections

To me, to you, to me...
thats what its felt like since I joined PlusNet.
My switchover date was 30th September which came and went, cue 3 weeks of speaking and chatting with PlusNet being told its a problem with Openreach and that the problem is being escalated and I will get an update 48 hours later. It was only after a chance discussion on here with Provisioning that I found out the order had been messed up within OpenReach and too some sorting out to finally cance and raise a new order which was completed in a day.
I had internet, hurrah!
Until 4am this morning when it disconnected. DSL light stays on, but i cant connect. Cue another, quite quick, 30 minute hold to speak to PlusNet. "oh, the system says we're not your Broadband provider anymore". Why not? "dunno".
Another hour on the phone getting passed about and finally to Provisions. "Openreach cancelled your service, we didn't tell them to", well can I have it back? "BT are now saying your line is incompatible with Broadband. We will need to escalate it". Will this take 3 more weeks too?
Having had Broadband here for almost 20 years and it all working fine till 4am this morning, I'm not sure why all of a sudden it now says I can't have broadband.
No wonder people dont switch providers. I have spent the last 15 years with Zen Internet, only one problem during all that time, but they were getting expensive. PlusNets "award winning customer service" appears it may have been the Booby Prize it won, it certainly is not "doing me proud" right now.
Having spent, so far, £35 on a mobile Internet dongle and package so that I can get some kind of internet access, I was offered 2 months "free" internet. What's the point, you can offer me 12 months worth, if you cant GIVE me internet its certainly not going to be of any value to me.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Chuckle Brothers appear to be in charge of new connections

I'm just looking into this now.
Really sorry about this.
[edit]
Our suppliers are removing the tag off the line that's preventing us from placing the order. Once that's done we'll get you up and running as soon as we can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ARealHighlander

Any updates? Heard nothing.
My DSL light is still solid, is it possible all I need is an account reactivating to allow my router to logon?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

None yet I'm afraid but I will update you as soon as I know more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team