Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast buffering unwatchable iplayer

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Chromecast buffering unwatchable iplayer

Anyone know of a work  around - when trying to use a chromecast connected to plusnet it just keeps on buffering then plays for a few seconds then stops again.
its usualy at its worse after 7:30/8pm
ive tried re-booting the router a few times but that dosnt seem to make much difference
4 REPLIES 4
Siddy
Grafter

Re: Chromecast buffering unwatchable iplayer

You could try what i have done and left the plus net router as a modem then an older router as the actual router, i find the plus net router to be weak and incapable to do everything i need.
dhep1
Grafter

I am having issues with games not playing videos buffering having to use my phone for internet, would you recommend "binning" their router?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I doubt it's anything to do with the modem/router.
@pint
That sounds a bit like exchange congestion starting at that time. Also can you check and post your Current Line speed (Login required) (don't post your phone number)
Also post the TG582n Full DSL stats just do a copy and paste.
@dhep1
Could you do the same please.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi guys.
Sorry to hear about the issues you've had
@pint
Testing is showing no issues with your line. The connection is stable and you should be getting around 9mbps and there's no reported capacity issues at your exchange. Do you have issues with any other devices at that time as I suspect it's more of a wireless issue.
@dhep1
Your SNR target is low and your upload is currently capped so that won't help if your playing online games. I've reset the line to increase the SNR and I've also placed the order to uncap your upload which will complete tomorrow.
If there's anything else we can help with please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team