Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome browser problem (Edge is ok) - appears as very slow internet connection

FIXED
monabri
Grafter

Chrome browser problem (Edge is ok) - appears as very slow internet connection

I normally use Chrome as my "browser of choice" but recently I have been experiencing problems with it. Pages are very slow to load (frequent error messages along the lines of "took too long to respond"). I often use a music programme (Chordify) and this is now virtually unusable. I think (not sure) the issue started when I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. I never had any of these issues previously.

Loading pages has become exceptionally slow - I thought I was having probs with my internet connection BUT I noticed that if I used "Edge" as my browser then the problems went away. Have I got a corrupted version of Chrome? Any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Chrome browser problem (Edge is ok) - appears as very slow internet connection

Fix

Have you tried installing Firefox or Chrome Canary? If they work just fine (from being newly installed), you might just need to reinstall Chrome from a fresh installation as it may have got muddled during the upgrade of Win10. I had no issues when I upgraded to Win 10 but things all started to go wrong once I had installed the Anniversary update for Windows 10 and I had to reinstall most of my core applications to get them working again.

Edit: If you are signed in to a Google account on Chrome, you will get all your bookmarks and extensions back when you install Chrome again and signing back in so you wont lose any of your data.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

monabri
Grafter

Re: Chrome browser problem (Edge is ok) - appears as very slow internet connection

Ahh, you might have a point there. When I originally loaded win10 it was OK. Then came the Anniversary update!

monabri
Grafter

Reinstalling Chrome seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for the suggestion!

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Great to hear that it was a simple solution afterall Smiley Windows 10 anniversary update messed with my browsers too so I had a hunch you had the same problem.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.