cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your line

edh1

Checking your line

My Plusnet Home Phone service was successfully activated on 22 July (and works very nicely), and according to the email I got when I signed up, broadband should follow 5-7 days after.  According to the order tracker, my broadband order is "complete" (??? it certainly does not feel that way) but if I click on "View order status", the little blue arrow still seems to be at "checking your line".  Should I be concerned that something's got "stuck", or am I just being impatient?
13 REPLIES 13
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Checking your line

Welcome to our forum
The PN people who look at this site dont normally work weekend, so you might not get an authorised answer until tomorrow
Alxns
Grafter

More than likely they just havent updated it.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you plugged in a router and tried it?, as that is now 8 working days old
edh1

Thanks - but as far as the status page says, my router has not yet been dispatched either.  (Nor has any router arrived, to clarify that - so that is at least consistent...)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Very strange this one - your order has been queued for submission since the 23rd but for some reason has not been submitted to our suppliers. I've re-submitted the order and will monitor it for you from here.
Sorry about the delay Sad
edh1

One of those things I guess...  Undecided
Thanks for looking into it and nudging things in the right direction.  Smiley
edh1

Hmm...  My tracker seems to still be (at last check just now) firmly still stuck at "checking your line".  Undecided  Has the re-submitted order got past "go" this time?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Everything's going through fine for the 11th and you'll see the updated status in the order tracker.
Your account had a wobble so I had to place your order manually on 20CN, I'll then regrade you to ADSL2+ on 21CN.
edh1

Many thanks.    Smiley
Shand

I seem to have the same problem, although i will confess to not waiting so long.
my phone line was activated on the 27th and also works well!
Quote from: edh1
According to the order tracker, my broadband order is "complete" (??? it certainly does not feel that way) but if I click on "View order status", the little blue arrow still seems to be at "checking your line".

this is also true. is a similar issue occuring?
Paolo38

Hello,
I have this same problem.
First I supposed to have completed broadband order on August 3rd, but order status still showing " we checking your line". My phone has been activated on 23rd of July.
Second I am still waiting to get router from PlusNet.
Now my question is how I will be charged for broadband and when PlusNet will start counting free 3 months of broadband (I ordered on July 20).

Poalo38 Embarrassed
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Paolo38
Welcome to the forums and sorry about the delay, your order was placed manually and our systems were not 'told' this. Your order completed today and your router's in the post. Your billing starts from the day your broadband goes active, i.e. today.
@Shand
Again, welcome to the forums and I'm sorry about the delay. You're affected by problem 62947 whereby your broadband order was not placed when your telephone service went active so I've placed your order manually on the 20CN network and it will complete in around seven days. Once that goes through, you'll be regraded up to 21CN.
Shand

Thank you very much Ben. Smiley