cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing product: Premium or the new Extra

Santiago
Grafter

Changing product: Premium or the new Extra

Some advice please from my learned friends.
I am on legacy product Premier Option One  £21.99 which was great when I got it but these days it is not ideal with only effectively 13GB usage at line speed before throttling.
There are other issues like the throttling being incorrectly applied, not being removed at billing date and having to call in and get it sorted.

I am fed up having to carefully manage usage with kids want to download half the universe.
The total usage per month is 30GB to 40GB ish I would say but would use more if it was available
I am considering the Premium 80GB package before it disappears and the new Extra 60GB product which is available next week.
I have compared the Premium shaping to my Option One and there does not seem to be a lot of difference for what I need.
Is it better to grab the Premium 80GB today (billing date tomorrow)  or get the Extra 60GB when that is available?
Do I get to keep my goodies like static IP VoIP Fax-2-Email etc and how do I arrange to do that?
Which is the best method to request the change?
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Changing product: Premium or the new Extra

If you grab Premium today you can always switch to Extra later (you can change accounts once a month with no consequences).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
with no consequences

I'm not sure I'd trust PN's billing systems to get everything right with two package changes in two months – as such, I think I'd try and stick to one change.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ive changed products many times and ive never been billed twice, Maybe im just one of the lucky ones, you can change your products in the member centre yourself stating what you want and what you want to keep, ive done it this way always without any problems.
Not sure if you get to keep these though  static IP VoIP Fax-2-Email etc
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Santiago
Grafter

Thank you for your advice. I have changed to Premium
I have just called in to request the change and a very very nice man said he will arrange it for me and he will carry over all my Option One goodies for me.
*fingers crossed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the only one that seems to get into trouble is the static IP, if it doesnt get switched and you dont notice straight away, you might end up with a different one, just make sure you have the details on your ticket
Santiago
Grafter

OK I will check on that, Thanks.
Santiago
Grafter

Excellent news!
The product change has been done and the VoIP, static IP etc have been carried over, so things couldn't be better for me.
Or can they?
I got an email confirming the change and it says the price will be £11.99 for three months and after 3 month(s) your subscription will change to £11.99.
This is absolutely fantastic not only have plusnet changed my product successfully, they have also changed my exchange from a market 2 to a market 3.
Be3G
Grafter

Hmm. Even for market 3, the price after three months wouldn't be £11.99, it'd be £15.99. So something's definitely gone wrong there…
Santiago
Grafter

Even Better
Don't you mean something has gone right *(for me)  Roll_eyes