cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing over to Fibre, no email comformation

Jobirt55
Dabbler

Changing over to Fibre, no email comformation

On 28/9/18 after a very long phone call agreed to change to Fibre as our broadband service has been poor.

was told it would take about 2 weeks for this to be completed.

Have received new router by post but no other communication! 

Unable to post a new question or memebers support.

live chat not available, but do not want to waste another hour trying to speak to some one!

Any suggestions.

23 REPLIES 23
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Changing over to Fibre, no email comformation

Welcome to the forums @Jobirt55

While you wait for a member of staff to confirm the date, you can do a quick check for yourself to see if the order has a completion date.

Have a look at the BT Wholesale checker site at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Enter your phone number and look in the text below the results table.

It will say if there is an open order on your line and more importantly the date it is due to be completed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Jobirt55
Dabbler

Thanks for that but it does not show any order on the line! 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Jobirt55

Ouch it doesn't show any opening order does it. It is always worth a try.

Guess it is wait for a staff member to appear to offer why there isn't an order in place yet.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have you tried the new router? 

As there is no open order showing maybe it has already completed.

Jobirt55
Dabbler

Thanks, I have spoken to an advisor at Plus net, apparently the order has not gone through, but I will get a call back tomorrow! 

Lets hope it gets sorted! 

Appreciate your suggestion.

Jobirt55
Dabbler

I wish that was the case but the order had not been placed! 

I should get more info tomorrow! 

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Don't hold your breathe
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Jobirt55

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your account and I am sorry about the issues you have been experiencing.

I have responded to you via a ticket that has been raised on your account and you can view these details here

If you have any further questions feel free to get back in touch.

Jobirt55
Dabbler

I am not at all happy.

i spoke to a Tracey yesterday about a few issues including over charging & the fact that I had spoken to a chap on 28/9/18 & agreed a change over to Fibre, which was supposed to be up & running in 2 weeks!!!!!!

i had not received any confirmation of the new contract.

Apparently no order has gone through,  but we have had a new router delivered.

Tracey was unable to sort things due to issues with the system.

she spoke to a guy who was supposed to call today, either before 10.00am or after 19.00hrs as we had previously booked appointments.

Have just got home to see an email asking me to phone in again! 

I have spent far too much time making phone calls to Plusnet. 

Your customer care is not at all satisfactory!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Jobirt55,

I'm sorry you've been having problems. I've had a look at your account to check what's been happening and just to try and give you a little insight.

Firstly a copy of the contract you signed up for is viewable here, I will say you actually commented on that ticket in September so you must be aware of this being on the account and you've clearly had a copy of it. 

That said it didn't take affect correctly because for some reason your account is broken and some parts of it are inaccessible. As well as the contract change not taking place, the order also wasn't placed. This is part of a wider problem affecting a small number of customers and there are people proactively trying to fix those accounts, to date that fix hasn't rolled yet.

Yesterday and today we've been trying to get the service onto fibre as soon as possible for you. To do this we've placed the order manually just to get you on the service and we'll look to fix the account as and when we're able to. This will not affect you being able to connect correctly, but it will mean we will not be able to charge for the fibre service until it's rectified. At the moment I cannot tell you when this will be so we'll have to keep an eye on it for you. 

There are a number of tickets on your account monitoring the multiple different aspects of getting your services and accounts as they should. 

This one is to fix all the account change and contract problems, and contains the complaint because of the issues you've experienced. This ticket is to monitor the manual change to fibre. This ticket is with the billing department to rectify any overcharges and refund/credit them back to you once the internal problem is resolved.

I know it's confusing and all that matters is that you get the service you requested at the price you agreed, but I'm sorry to say I cannot make this happen at the moment but it's something we're trying to fix. That said once we've got the fibre order completed you'll be able to use this as expected (regardless of the other problems)

I'd suggest that you deal with this issue with us through the forums, mainly because it's actually quite a difficult issue that requires a lot of work from multiple different departments so it's probably best to use us as a base, this will save the frustration of you ringing and any agents possibly getting confused over the situation. 

Jobirt55
Dabbler

Thanks for this info, but I did not take up the offer on that occassion, (6/9/18) we didn’t get the assurance that the broadband would be any better.

I actually agreed to changing over to Fibre on Sept 28th.

its just so frustrating, that it takes so long to get any response from Plusnet. I have spent hours on the phone!

I was over charged on my last bill, & now been told that it’s likely to happen again. 

But I spoke to someone again today, & have been told the order has gone through so watch this space.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us @Jobirt55. We will update you once the necessary tickets have been worked.

Jobirt55
Dabbler

Thanks

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Jobirt55

I have updated you on your upgrade order here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.