cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my email address - just married!

jeanners49
Grafter

Changing my email address - just married!

I've just got married and would like to change my email address. How do I go about this?

4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Changing my email address - just married!

Congratulations.  I'm guessing this is a name@username.plus.com type email address?  If so, the name can be changes/new ones created quite easily.  If it is the username part, then that can't be changed unfortunately.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Congratulations Grin

You can update your registered email address on your account here: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 however if you're referring to changing a Plusnet address that's not possible I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Your best bet is probably to get your own domain. That way if you leave Plusnet you can take your email address with you.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,

Congratulations!!!

You could add an alias to your existing email address (see managing your email in the user portal) which would allow the existing email address to work with both your maiden name and your married name for there will be lots of people out there who have your present email address.

So if your present mailbox is jean.maiden@ you can add the alias jean.married@ and alter your email clients to use the latter email address BUT leave the account details unchanged.

As others have said you cannot change what's to the right of the @ and for the long term obtaining your own domain name gives you flexibility and control for the future.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.