cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Products

klyne
Grafter

Changing Products

Since 2003 I have been on PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1. This is a fairly expensive option by todays offerings. When I look at the cheaper current products I seem to have to sacrifice quite a few advantages. What I would like is an unlimited downloads, or at least a reasonable amount of peak time data use coupled with far fewer speed restrictions than offered by Plusnet Extra. It seems to suggest that I can buy some of these things  as an add on but I don't seem to be able to find out how much. Plusnet Extra would be enough download capacity, especially as you can now buy extra GB's. So what is the best package to change to given that on my current product peak time does not cut in until 4.00pm?
Thanks
David
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing Products

The only option which makes sense is Extra and with the Pro addon for £5 would give you no speed restrictions.
Only you can decide if the reduced off peak time will cripple you
Also you need to check if your exchange is Market 3 as Market 2 is a bit less and Market 1 is dearer when you include the Pro addon
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=klyne]far fewer speed restrictions than offered by Plusnet Extra
While Oldjim's advice is correct, the speed restrictions imposed by 'Extra' are quite similar to your existing product, in some areas better, with only VPN, P2P and Usenet being more throttled at peak time.

If you are on a Market-3 exchange you could be saving £10.50 a month, for three times the paid-for allowance, with similar speed restrictions to what you have now  Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

We swapped from an even older product (ADSL Home Surf) that was controlled the same as Premier 1. This was done as part of a fibre upgrade, but we spent a couple of months on the "Extra" package, without the "Pro" add-on (it didn't exist as an add-on at the time).
On balance, we haven't noticed any real differences from the management changes. From the attached image above, the real differences come in evening P2P and Usenet, which we don't use. Browsing & video continued just fine, with the VPN evening limits occasionally noticed.
Our usage was starting to hit the Premier threshold of 13GB - and obviously went up due to the increased peak hours. The off-peak usage went down correspondingly too; the additional allowance was easily enough to manage the swap - but obviously this is a very personal thing.
The fact that we can now fall back to the Pro add-on if management gets in the way ought to make the swap a no-brainer - at least on the Market 3 rates.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.