cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed MSR & FTR

MrT
Grafter

Changed MSR & FTR

I raised a ticket (No 34423575) in order to resolve my slow line speed. My line speed has now improved but could go further.
I am concerned that, during the process of sorting out my line speed, the MSR/FTR for my line have dropped from 1152/921 to 288/288. My sync speed has never been below 1152 and my current speed is 2112. It is important to get this put right, otherwise  I may encounter problems getting any future line faults resolved.
I raised my concerns on ticket no 34423575 but have yet to hear from the Support Team.
The changes are shown on the attached report.
Would someone at PN be so kind as to give this one a nudge for me. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Changed MSR & FTR

The MSR (Maximum Stable Rate) controls the FTR (Fault Threshold Rate), the FTR being 80% of the MSR. We expect these values to be recalculated as part of the SNR reset that was recently performed on your line. As they're both set at the same value they're obviously wrong, they may not have updated yet but they're not really anything to worry about anyway as they do not affect the throughput you receive at any time.
MrT
Grafter

Thanks for that Ben.
The FTR does control whether a fault is considered a fault - that's what was concerning me!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The FTR only really comes into play when your synchronisation speed is low, but the line is perfectly stable. This is actually incredibly rare! To enter this state, there must be a steady source of external noise which doesn't vary at all. The vast majority of external noise varies over time and causes disconnections and hence is investigated as an intermittent connection fault.
If your FTR/MSR haven't updated in around 7-10 days then just pop an(other) update on your fault ticket and we can put a call through to BT to find out where the issue is.