Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change upload speed

electrictwister

Change upload speed

Hi all,
I am new in this community.
I checked my upload speed using speedtest.net and it asserts my  upload speed is 0.33Mbps. Sometimes I host lan parties with friends in remote (always around 4-5 people) and the best speed would be around 1Mbps.
Is there any way to change the upload speed (also partially reducing the download speed that is now ~7Mbps)? Which would be the cost of the operation in term of monthly payments?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Re: Change upload speed

The Digital Care Team who respond to forum posts work 9am to 5:30pm  am sure someone in the morning with take a look at  sorting your upload out
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Simple question
Are you on ADSL2+ 21CN or ADSL 20CN
If you check your exchange here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ ; and it says "BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN" then you can get the upload uncapped with no charge to give an upload speed of about 1,000kbps in your case
If it isn't then the only option is Max Premium http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/prioritised-service-faq.shtml which will give upload sync speeds of about 832kbps
electrictwister

Good! I can confirm that it says: "BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN"  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case the change will be simple and quick - should be picked up tomorrow here
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@electrictwister
I've placed a uncap order for you, this will complete tomorrow.
electrictwister

Thank you