cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to Unlimited?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Change to Unlimited?

I have been giving this some serious thought...
I'm on Premier 2 and over the last year have often downloaded over 200GB during off-peak but kept peak down to less than 20GB. Since moving our habits have changed somewhat and, although off-peak has been less, we have used more peak-time and this month have used over 28GB and into level 2 management for the first time for a long while.
To be honest I am pleased with the way Premier 2 works and has been good for me but now, with level 2 management invoked, I find that at times it gets almost impossible to use as I wish but I know that we will, possibly, want to use the peak-time for downloads more often over the coming months/years.
I've checked the Kitz comparison table and, although the unlimited is restricted more when not under level 1/2 management, it seems that it would be much faster than when management is invoked - does that make sense?
I currently pay £29.65 (£29.99 in January 2010) but, as a Market 3 exchange, I could get unlimited for 1/2 that - it seems a no-brainer. So why am I dithering?
OK, I still have a line that seems to be faulty in some way House Move x2 - would it make a difference to rectifying the problems there?
Also, Premier works well (when not under Level 1/2 management) so why change if it works?
My question, probably more aimed at jameseh:
As my billing date is tomorrow (Tuesday) can I try Unlimited for a month? If I am not happy then return to Premier 2?
Oh yes - I wouldn't be taking any hardware and don't mind a further 12 month tie-in.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

18 REPLIES 18
James
Grafter

Re: Change to Unlimited?

HI Mav,
I've scheduled your product change for tomorrow (just in time!).
Of course I'm happy for you to trial it for a month to see how it behaves.
It won't make any difference to your physical line properties, so won't have any impact on any physical connection fault you might have.
Mav

Wow!!!! Thanks James. Do you ever get any sleep Grin
I really didn't think this would get picked up till the morning then to be told I'd need to wait another month lol.
Great service and support as always. Smiley
I'll let you know how it goes.
Edit: what time tomorrow would you expect the change-over to take place? Thanks again.
Edit 2: Oops, forgot - Ican I keep static IPs as they are along with Fax2email?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

Hi James.
My VMBU is still showing as Premier and I can see that the next scheduled payment is for £26.35 rather than £11.99 for the Unlimited package. Has their been a problem with the changeover or do I just need more patience? Cheesy
Cheers

James
Grafter

Hiya Mav.
Billing hasn't finished running for the day yet Smiley  The account change should happen around 1am.
It should change over later on.  If it's not done by tomorrow, please give me a shout.
Sorry, missed your questions earlier.  You'll keep your static IP, Fax2email, etc.
Mav

Thanks for the quick reply, James.
No problem on yesterday's Q's - I knew you'd get to them soon Smiley

Mav

Good morning James
Obviously, with the issues PN have this morning I've only just been able to log into the Portal.
Sadly, the VMBU is still showing for a Premier account and the Billing still shows that £26.35 is due to be taken by DD Sad I appreciate it is probably too late to change the DD now.
I understand you're probably busy with the other problems but I'd appreciate you looking into this when you can.
Cheers.

James
Grafter

Hmm Sad
Hang on, I'll force the product change thorough now, rather than scheduling it.
James
Grafter

Ok - That's the product change done and the contract length changed to 12 months.
I can't stop the payment though I'm afraid.  Would you like me to refund it once it's been taken, or just put a discount against your next month or two to equate to the same amount?
Mav

Thanks James
I can see the product changed now Smiley
I did lose internet for a while but a router reboot solved that. Was that because of the product change or part of the current issues PH are experiencing?
No need for a refund - just make the necessary adjustments next month.
Thanks again.

James
Grafter

Strange one that!
A product change, or the routing issues we've had with Fieldhouse Way, shouldn't have caused your internet connection to drop.  Glad it came back quickly though.
I'll sort out your discounts for the next couple of months.
Mav

Thanks James
Quick and helpful as always Smiley

Mav

I replied earlier to your Ticket re Adjustments.
Just one more thing...
I received the standard 18 month contract email. Could you confirm that it is just the 12 months.
Cheers.

James
Grafter

[me=Jameseh]doesn't look at all smug...[/me]
Ok - That's the product change done and the contract length changed to 12 months.
Mav

Embarrassed
Oops - sorry 'bout that. Pays to always read the full message Smiley