Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to ADSL2+

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Change to ADSL2+

Got moved over on to 21CN/ADSL2+ yesterday afternoon Smiley I'm synching at 18172/828 according to the router -HOWEVER download speeds are still ~ 6.5mbps.
I tried to run BTW test - "further diagnostics" won't run but I'm assuming that the BT profile will be set by the 88.2% rule @ 16000+; PN profile is still showing at 7.15mbps -will this update automatically or does it need a "nudge"?
Furthermore, just noticed that the router is showing interleaving depth at 96 downstream  - is this normal on ADSL2+?Huh
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Change to ADSL2+

Hi, I've just nudged the profile for you.
interleaving depth at 96 downstream  - is this normal on ADSL2+?Huh

That sounds like your router might be reporting that incorrectly as interleaving is (AFAIK) intended to run between a depth of 1 and 64 for an ADSL connection.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Change to ADSL2+

Thanks for that Adam  Cheesy - Now getting 15Mbps+ via wired connection -only disappointment is that wireless connection to the main PC in the study is only marginally faster than before at 7.4Mbps (on 54g wireless adaptor)
Next question - to maximise thruput on this PC am I better going for an N standard wireless adaptor OR  a pair of powerline adaptors?Huh