Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of plan didn't happen

mikko
Grafter

Change of plan didn't happen

From a Metronet-ite:
A few days ago I downgraded myself on the Metronet site from Paygo option3 to Paygo option 1. The site gave a message that it was done.
I see that it never took effect. My pay date of 18th has come and gone with the same £18.75 being taken.
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: Change of plan didn't happen

Mikko,
Are you taking into consideration that Metronet bills in arrears and not in advance?
mikko
Grafter

Yes, but when I go to 'services' on Metronet I'm still shown as being on Paygo 3.
(BTW I changed to Paygo 1 on about 15th Oct, payment was taken on 18th Oct.)
James
Grafter

Hi there,
The only reference I can see to an account change is this:
Closed:  (internal note) The regrade has been completed including the automated conversion of the account type. User account type changed instantly by ADSL regrade from Metronet PAYGo Option 2 with included 2,097MB bandwidth to Metronet PAYGo Option 3 with included 10,485MB bandwidth.

Can I ask where you were advised that this was going to occur?
mikko
Grafter

I clicked on 'change your existing broadband at https://portal.metronet.co.uk/account_summary/order_summary.html
Then I clicked on 'change service' at https://portal.metronet.co.uk/account_summary/change_existing_broadband.html
Then clicked on proceed at https://portal.metronet.co.uk/reauth.php?F1qHGIBzyee5XlEWubVF1BSDyoIUVPzudNyYLpZWbJ5WrLHMPNvgNOSjcIg...
Then selected 'Metronet PAYGo Option 1 at https://portal.metronet.co.uk/upgrade_process.html?do_quick_pick=1
Then I got the "thank you for choosing to change your product' at https://portal.metronet.co.uk/do_upgrade.html?action=signup&sdi=00006360 and clicked on 'buy'. I'm using the same card so I didn't update it as requested.
I've just carried out the procedure again, the reason being that I'm away from home from Oct 11 to Dec 14 so didn't see the point of paying for many megabytes when I won't be using any.

James
Grafter

Strange.  I'm not seeing any tickets being raised on your account.
Can you raise a contact us ticket on your account asking for the change to be done and I'll do it myself?
mikko
Grafter

Can you back-date the change from my billing date of Oct 18th?
[The reason being that there's no usage from Oct 14th to Dec 8th as no one will be there. After that I'll be away for most of the time. my wife be there as a light user. there could be times every few months when I switch to heavier usage and back again.]
James
Grafter

Hi,
I can't do that just yet but I can refund you once your next billing date has passed.
mikko
Grafter

Thanks.
I raised a ticket which said:
I have tried twice to change from Paygo Option 3 to Paygo option 1 from the website but without success.
Please effect the change for me by means of this ticket.

and got the message:
Ticket Creation
Your issue will now be investigated by our Customer Support team. We will attempt to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
We are managing to close tickets, on average, in 2 hours 3 minutes 46 seconds .
You can add further information to help us solve your issue, or any other comments, using the Ticket Tracker.
The Help Assistant support system will allow you to raise three issues at a time. We have this restriction in place to help avoid duplication of reports and any possible misuse.
You currently have 1 open issues to be resolved.
Please be assured that our Support Team will address your query at the earliest possible opportunity.

James
Grafter

Hi there,
Looks like it's already been sorted for you Smiley
Let me know when you're next billed and I'll be able to sort out a refund for you.
mikko
Grafter

Yes it's sorted out now, thanks.
Next billing date is 18th Nov.
I understand that there's a fee every time you change, so it would only be worth it for longish periods?
James
Grafter

There are no longer any charges associated with changing product.
mikko
Grafter

That' nice to know. As you can see, I don't log in very often (currently somewhere near the Sahara)