Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of BT package

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Change of BT package

Hi, I am changing my BT Package to BT Basic, I have posted a ticket on this subject on Friday 5th but as yet no one has replied. When i applied for this change of package BT asked who was my broadband supplier and suggested i contact them to check if it would affect the supply of my broadband.
the package I'm going on  allows calls to and from my phone with no restrictions as before but with none of the free evening and weekend jargon. Its a new one they have just brought out, I did eventually phone Plusnet help line, at first he said it would affect my broadband thinking it restircted me phoning out from my phone, I explained I have no restrictions, I could could if I wanted barr certain calls but I would have to apply them.
Could someone clarify please, I cant see it affecting my broadband because BT offer a Basic Broadband connection to go with the package I'm going on.
regards
jono
9 REPLIES 9
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Change of BT package

From the Which? magazine website -
Broadband users eligible
Unlike BT’s previous social telephony offering, customers on relevant benefits who have a broadband service will be entitled to sign up to BT Basic. Under BT’s former social telephony offering – its Light User Scheme - people who had broadband were ineligible for the cheap phone deal.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, I thought I would double check, the lady I spoke to from Bt when enquiring about going onto BT Basic said that she could See no problem but to ask my Broadband provider just in case it would affect me. I can't understand why no one has answered my ticket yet. 
Kind regards
jono
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Basically the coms staff only work a standard shift finish at 16:30 on Friday to Monday morning
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: jono
I can't understand why no one has answered my ticket yet. 
Kind regards
jono

Question Handling Statistics
Average closure time                                   Target closure time
1 day, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 24 seconds     4 hours
Last updated: February 7, 2010, 8:18 am

Adn that's just for somebody to look at your ticket Angry
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
It shouldn't have any effect  on your broadband at all.
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Thanks very much for reply, i got a reply to my ticket today when I got back home, it basically said the same.
regards
Jono
Mand
Grafter

That's 'cos I answered your ticket. Wink
jono
Aspiring Pro

hi, Thanks Mand, I didn't realize it was you that answered the Ticket, Brain running slow because of cold weather.
regards
john
tonycollinet
Grafter

Mand: Star!
Smiley