Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Extra to Pro

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Change from Extra to Pro

Does changing from extra to pro mean there will be another change at BT Exchange to reset the line from extra to pro or it just the upgrade on plusnet's higher priority at their network end with non-traffic management ?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Change from Extra to Pro

The change from Plusnet Extra to Pro is an administrative one involving changing the bandwidth available and traffic management profile assigned to the user (and billing of course). Nothing changes at the exchange.
David
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: spraxyt
The change from Plusnet Extra to Pro is an administrative one involving changing the bandwidth available and traffic management profile assigned to the user (and billing of course). Nothing changes at the exchange.

Felt totally waste my time of changing from extra to pro as both of it are same limit speed capped at 6.48Mbps. (from ip profile 7150k) should be higher than that exspecially Pro. Disappointed overall. I normally get around 6.9Mbps to 7.0Mbps from other isp's with the same ip profile of 7150K as 6.48Mbps is not accepted with the profile of 7.15Mbps.
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: goldenadsl
Felt totally waste my time of changing from extra to pro as both of it are same limit speed capped at 6.48Mbps. (from ip profile 7150k) should be higher than that exspecially Pro.....

I curious to know why you feel that Pro should have a higher line speed limit than Extra when there as been no physical change to your line?
amcclean
Rising Star

The main change is in the speeds of the protocols. on pro most if not all are line speed 24/7.
On extra  there are restrictions on most protocols at one point or other throughout the day.