cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Wireless Key

neutraliser

Change Wireless Key

Hi - i'm connected to internet wirelessly log into my thomson 585 router to change my SSIS and/or Wireless Key, click apply and connection drops when i try to reconnect to wireless network it wont have, run the wireles network trouble shooter that doesnt fix it i have to reset my router to reconnect using the orignal key - same thing if i use an ethernet cable the wireless icon changes so click on to select the network and no - i turn the router off/on when ive done that and also reboot my laptop - looking at Plusnet instructions its a few simple steps - am i missing something? thanks
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Change Wireless Key

I've experienced that problem first hand with the same router. A factory reset fixed that issue for me so you may want to give that a go.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
neutraliser

Adam thanks for quick reply - the SSID and key havent changed from when i first received the router but i will give the factory reset option a go - just a query it doesnt matter that i am connected wirelessly rather than ethernet cable to change this does it and there should be nothing i need to do within Windows 7? thanks
henbane
Grafter

If you can find a bit of ethernet cable then I always recommend using a hard link when playing around with wireless settings else its a bit like sitting on the end of a branch when cutting it off with a saw..    Epson take the same idea with their wireless printers - you connect via hardwire (in this case usb) and then it alters the wireless settings via wired link then you uplug and test the wireless.
neutraliser

sorted thanks - factory reset - used ethernet cable with wireless disconnected and all ok thanks again