cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Upload Speed?

KingPenguinUK
Grafter

Change Upload Speed?

I'm wondering if its possible to increase my upload speed? I want to start uploading videos to Youtube but currently a 10min (300mb) 720p file will take roughly 140mins, which means its more going to be an overnight thing Sad just wondering can a get even a slight increase to cut that down ? I know I wont get the same speed as download speed but feel I should get something faster than what I currently get.
Also if there is a way plusnet side to increase upload will it effect my download speed settings? (i know you can only do one or the other, can't get max download at the same as max upload) I just don't want to mess with my current download speed. this is due to recently moving from one building to another on the same RAF base (ie I got a better single man room) but for some reason my net speed went from 2.5mb to roughly 7mb! and I don't want to mess with that. Its great having that speed again, means I can stream stuff again and watch HD vidoes without loads of buffering.
My current Speedtest.net results

These are my current stats from my router
DSL Status Up
DSL Modulation Mode SHOWTIME_TC_SYNC
DSL Path Mode Fast
Downstream Rate 8128 kbps
Upstream Rate 448 kbps
Downstream Margin 8.1 dB
Upstream Margin 26.0 dB
Downstream Line Attenuation 41.8 dB
Upstream Line Attenuation 21.5 dB
Downstream Transmit Power 19.9 dB
Upstream Transmit Power 12.0 dB
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Change Upload Speed?

Do you know if you are on a 21CN exchange? If you are you can just ask for your line to be uncapped - it should have very little affect on your download. The actual speed you get will depend on your line and it's free.
If your exchange if 20CN only the only option is Max Premium which costs an extra £7.83 per month. That gives you 832 kbps upload.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
KingPenguinUK
Grafter

Well according to the plusnet exchange checker its classed as 21CN exchange, but I don't know if my line is actually on that.
And I thought I was on the highest package Plusnet provided, Extra with Pro add-on, didn't realize there was another add-on I could add if need be.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Does your router support ADSL2+? Your downstream attenuation of 41.8 dB and sync speed of 8128kbps fits typical ADSL2/2+ values but with an upstream sync speed of exactly 448kbps It looks like the router is connecting using G.992.1/G.DMT/ADSL1.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi there,
You're line's provided on 20CN/ADSL1. It looks like you have one of our routers so I've placed an order to move you across to ADSL2+ with uncapped upload (up to 1.3Mbps dependent on line conditions). The order should complete at some point on the 27th September.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

KingPenguinUK
Grafter

I'm using my own bought router
Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H ADSL2+ (Product Link) though they don't make it anymore, its a discontinued product
The DSL settings are set to Multimode
but it does have options like
ADSL2
ADSL2+
ADSL2 Annex L
ADSL2 Annex M
ADSL2+ Annex M
And thanks for doing the Line change Bob Smiley hopefully I won't lose that good download speed I've been getting.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Bob
The order should complete at some point on the 27th September.

Had an email earlier advising me the order was complete.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵