cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain websites will not load after broadband went down.

Nik3000
Dabbler

Re: Certain websites will not load after broadband went down.

just to update you guys @Anotherone @bobpullen

my question was updated and plusnet told me my line needed to be reset because there was some 'automatic settings' that were limiting my speed. done everything they requested and waited the 24 hours. can't tell anything about speed and my problem is STILL not fixed. 

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm not surprised it's not fixed Shocked Had the agent that put that on your ticket just come back from the Pub I wonder Crazy3 He/She certainly didn't understand the problem. I hope Bob picks this up again, that agent could certainly do with being spoken to Ticked_off

Nik3000
Dabbler

Yeah, seemed very unrelated to my problem. honestly I feel like if this forum didn't exist I would be doomed. Bob seemed to know what the problem may be so just waiting on his response Smiley 

Nik3000
Dabbler

Another update. 

Plusnet have messaged me saying they are turning on interleaving on my line? to see if it helps.

I read it can affect online gaming badly. I don't game too much but I do sometimes, so I hope this isn't the case. If it doesn't help the connecting situation I'll ask them to turn it off. 

Bob is talking about sending me an ADSL router instead of using my fibre one set to ADSL that I think may help, fingers crossed. 

Anotherone
Champion

You need to respond to the ticket before they do something ridiculous, something along the lines of ........ This is clearly something to do with a ROUTING or IP address issue and has nothing to do with Speed or Interleaving. I occasionally do Gaming and I do NOT want Interleaving on my line.

I guess Bob has responded to you via PM, I would reply and point him to the latest ticket response so that some "Feedback" can be provided to the agent who made that response!

Nik3000
Dabbler

Just realised it was an email and not a ticket response but ive messaged Bob the email ref and told him. He's sent me a new ADSL router too which is awesome so fingers crossed for that.

Really frustrated by this interleaving thing though. Would have rather tried the router before doing something like that! don't want to stop myself being able to online game.

Anotherone
Champion

Just tell them you want it turned OFF (and not left on Auto). In fact, log into the member centre, some products have the ability to turn it on or off there, see what it says.

Nik3000
Dabbler

So our new router arrived today and I can happily confirm it fixed our issue! what a huge relief. now I just need Interleaving switched back off!

Can't say enough how thankful I am to both you guys for the absolutely unreal help you've offered. So relieved it is fixed.
Anotherone
Champion

I was about to reply to your PM (which I'll abandon now). Glad that's sorted. I've a sneaking suspicion this might be an MTU issue, there was a thread the other day about a similar sort of thing. Now with your Gaming, if you have any port forwarding issues, there is a few threads around on Hardware, this and the Fibre boards that you might want to have a read of, but if you get into problems, come back here and post.
PS. Did you look in the Member Centre for Interleaving settings?

Nik3000
Dabbler

Yeah Bob said there was an issue a while back with Fibre routers having a similar problem when switched to ADSL mode. 

Weird thing is it worked for a whole year until Plusnet switched us over to this new platform thing, so maybe something made the router go back to this issue. 

Thanks I appreciate that! Haven't tried gaming yet but I'll test it soon, probably want that Interleaving off either way just incase. Unfortunately I cannot find an option for it in member centre unless I'm missing something! 

Anotherone
Champion

I don't think we ever discovered which ADSL products actually had that option, and it could well have been removed/hidden from those that previously had it Shocked