cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[-Censored-] internet speed after I sign up...now paying more!

Oioialex

[-Censored-] internet speed after I sign up...now paying more!

I’m sure I’m not the only one with this headache...but when I signed up to plus net I wasn’t really aware of just how naff the speed of the internet was (I’d previously been with plus net at a different address and had no real issues) and after speaking on the phone a couple of times with customer service, they just tell me that on their screens it’s telling them that I get a speed greater than what I actually do! I checked the websites members area and it tells me I should expect 0.5mbs! This is basically dial up speed! As I type this the down load speed is 501.40kbs and THATS THE AVERAGE! And to rub salt into the wound...my payments have gone up in price too!!! How is this fair?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: [-Censored-] internet speed after I sign up...now paying more!

Welcome to the forum.

What speed were you promised? What does this say your line is capable of? https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Oioialex

I’ve been on the phone to plus net...unfortunately...the lines to my house are rubbish apparently so the most I will get get is 1.5mbs
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see that and I can understand the disappointment, have you checked on the link Baldrick1 suggested to see if fibre is available to you? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team