Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cautionary Tale, but without an ending

JimF
Grafter

Re: Cautionary Tale, but without an ending

Plusnet, bless them, have emailed me with a tempting survey invitation stating:
"Thanks for taking part in our 80/20 Fibre trials. As part of this trial we'd like to understand your views of the... overall experience."
But joking apart, tomorrow is the big day, I wonder what it will bring?

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Well, fill in the survey and don't spare the truth  Wink
Sincerely though, I've been following this thread with interest and hope all gets sorted with no further issues.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Devonian
Grafter

Oh Jim your poor sod....
A year ago when I joined PN, after evil BT, I had similar problems.
A simple migration of phone and broadband, lead to 6 weeks of no service, incorrect billing, incorrect information, no call backs, OR engineers lying about attending to appointments... After numerous complaints, I was eventually connected.
The out come of my complaints were a £10 discount, and a promise that it would NEVER happen to another customer again... yet the forum is full of similar stories.
However, a year on, and I have had trouble free phone and broadband.
The only complaint I have is the monthly bullying by PN trying to force me into setting up a direct debit, I have thought about sending all the emails/texts to ofcom, and complain about the 4 texts and 5 emails PN send me every month threatening to cut me off if I dont set up a direct debit, but I can't be bothered!
So, when you are eventually connected, Im sure your service will be fine.
It just seems PN have no idea how to start a connection properly, and always end up blaming BT (50,50 I think)
Good Luck.
JimF
Grafter

...six weeks!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JimF,
I can see your ticket has been updated today and that it'll be checked again later on, though I'll make sure to give the agent in question a nudge later this afternoon. I hope the order is completed today as we've been told it will be.
JimF
Grafter

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Its BACK, after more than 4 weeks!
I got a call about an hour ago from the Openreach engineer, he said he was at the cabinet and about to disconnect my phone as part of the Provide (you can guess what I was thinking!).  Anyway, the Green DSL light went out after about 10 mins.  A further 10 mins later it was still out, but a little afterwards on it came and my laptop showed positive for an "Internet Connection".
Same speeds as before, 38/2.
Many thanks to those of you who gave me help and support, I really appreciated it, then and now.  A particular thanks to Richard (Faults team), without his help I'm sure I would have remained disconnected.
I need a rest from this now, but I intend to document some of my experiences at a later date.