Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogue of disasters

James
Grafter

Re: Catalogue of disasters

Yep, certainly.
If you'd like to drop a name and number to jbailey@plus.net I'll be more than happy to pass it on.
newmillscomp
Grafter

James - number has been emailed
still waiting answer to my previous post
James
Grafter

I've arranged for a CSC Manager to give you a ring.
The reason why I pointed out where the warehouse was based was incase you thought it was here and I hadn't bothered to go and find a router to send to you.
The problem with sending out a router on its own (and I appreciate how silly this sounds) is that we send specific item codes to the warehouse.  So yours will have been a router, two filters and an insert.  Because the insert isn't available, the order doesn't get processed by the warehouse until it is in stock, which was why they weren't able to send it out special delivery.  I don't know why they're not technically able to go into the warerhouse itself to find a router and send it.
Someone will be calling you in the next hour or so.
mal0z
Grafter

This isn't the first time we have read here of problems with the BT warehouse in Northallerton ( North Yorkshire ) -
I can see why PN might want to use the same warehouse as their parent - but it does seem to be doing you no favours.  Angry
Perhaps one of the new Plusnet MD's early tasks is a visit to the MD of the warehouse company.
newmillscomp
Grafter

visit him  -  sack him more like
newmillscomp
Grafter

Right - I have extracted my own personal Wireless Router and am off to install it on client's site.
Pity PlusNet cannot provide this level of service.
I'm going to get a severe ear bashing when I arrive - THANKS PlusNet or should that be PlusNOT
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: newmillscomp
visit him   -  sack him more like

Well that would be like David sacking Golliath -
hang on a minute -  Wink
BT are the giant brother or father -
me thinks PN would do well to get another independent supplier
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It sounds like you run a similar business to me.
Experience (including bad ones like yours here) has taught me to keep all sorts of spare bits around to help my clients.
A quick count reveals at least 7 assorted ADSL modems & routers of different vintages and capabilities.
It's not meant to sound smug, it's about thinking how you might be able to help clients and preparing for it.  Wink
It's usually better to spend your time fixing the clients problem than chasing suppliers who, lets face it, don't have the same motivation as you.  Cool
newmillscomp
Grafter

Lesson learnt - no more PlusNet referrals.
I have never had a problem with any other ISP apart from BT who jumpered a clients connection incorrectly
but they had this sorted in a couple of hours.
I do carry spares but the point is PlusNet are not performing as they should and we should not be recommending
a supplier who continually fails to deliver.
Mark
Grafter

Hi newmills.
I dont really know where to begin with this one. Its simply a catalogue of disasters and in the first instance, I can only apologise.
I'm currently at home but have spoken to James and the CSC manager you spoke with recently regarding this issue. I only wish I had gotten to it earlier.
I am happy to ring you tonight if you could PM me a contact number. Failing that I will ring you in the morning when I get into work.
I am really keen to get this resolved as quickly as possible. We dont want unhappy customers and the last thing we ever want to have are unhappy referrers. You guys are the life blood of our business. I understand exactly the predicament you are in and I will do all I can to get this sorted as quickly as possible.
For what its worth, under the circumstances, I can only offer my sincere apologies and promise to work with you to get this sorted.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Mark
newmillscomp
Grafter

Mark
Thanks for your comments. I have just returned from clients site 30 miles away and have installed MY wireless router
and they are up and running. I will however have to make a return visit when the new router arrives to swap them out.
This is inconvenient to say the least. I have done 5 plusnet installs in the last two months and only one has gone smoothly.
I have totally lost confidence in PlusNet - I busted a gut to get 4 referrals in november and as a result have lost 2 days and 2 customers.
Most of my business comes by referrals so I am probably being bad mouthed as we speak.
Your agents offer of 2 months free broadband is quite frankly an insult.
You guys need to get your act together - it's just one problem after another.
regards
VERY VERY DISSATISFIED REFERRER
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Mark, James and Newmills,
I have an unopened PlusNet Router Pack supplied to one of my referrals last week. If it would help any of you I am willing to post it tomorrow morning.
Let me know and of course, give me the full address you want it posted to.
R
Mark
Grafter

Many thanks Wheel_nut for your really kind offer.
I'll be able to get something sorted for newmills in the morning. I'll know where to look if we're stuck again Smiley Hopefully that wont happen.
newmillscomp
Grafter

thanks for the offer wheel_nut.
hopefully now that mark is on the ball we will get a result.
mal0z
Grafter

Maybe frequent referers could be given a small stock of routers - especially if they are in businesses like this ?Huh