cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogue of disasters

newmillscomp
Grafter

Catalogue of disasters

I run a small computer services business and have been a PlusNet customes for a few years.
I have referred 4 new customers this month.
Referral no 1 went smoothly
Referrals 2 and 3 - wasted half a day on each due to the Thomson firmware authentication issue - very nearly lost two customers of mine. made both me and PlusNet look totally incompetent.
Referral no 4 - broadband went live on monday but router not shipped yet and PlusNet blaming system error - they cannot give me a dispatch date for the router so I have another unhappy customer.
Seems like PlusNet systems are experiencing problems at the moment. This is very frustrating for me as I have recommended PlusNet to customers only to be let down.
Is anyone else experiencing dificulties with new connections. ?
81 REPLIES 81
newmillscomp
Grafter

Re: Catalogue of disasters

Think I have worked out why router shipment has stalled.
PlusNet have stalled it to make sure I don't earn my £25 for 2 new referrals during November.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I can certainly promise you that it has absolutely nothing to do with the referrals offer.
The issue appears to be that we sent an order to our hardware warehouse but they, for some unknown reason, did not receive the order.  I'll cancel the outstanding one and send out another router.
I'm extremely sorry for the delay and if you could let me know when your customer/referral is up and running, I'll happily refund for the period of time they were without a broadband connection.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Thanks james
can you guarantee despatch today as my customer wants to move to another provider.
I need some concrete time scales.
R
Lurker
Grafter

Referrals payments have nothing to do with hardware shipment dates.
Its the date that the referral signs up that impacts upon referrals qualifying you for the special offers.
The date that referrals 'go live' determines the billing dates for the referral, and therefore the timing of referral token generation.
The 'go live' date is also unrelated to the date that the router arrives with the customer, the date is determined by the date that the customer is activated on PNs network.
Missing hardware is an unrelated balls up.
Worthy of criticism, but not part of a Machiavellian plot to diddle anybody out of anything. (Just seems a 'feature' of either the people PN use to distribute hardware, or the systems PN use to order the hardware.)
We keep getting assurances that hardware delivery is fixed, but then it seems to go off the rails with alarming regularity.

Not a good first impression.
newmillscomp
Grafter

james
this has been asked before but i'm going to ask it again.
"WHY IS IT THAT THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GET TICKETS MOVING IS TO MAKE A POST ON THIS FORUM ? "
newmillscomp
Grafter

RE JAMES_G POST
jamesh - can you confirm that I will be receiving payment of £50 for 4 referrals during November regardless of when hardware is delivered.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
The referrals payments relate to when you sign up for the accounts, not when they are activated.
Re: posting on the forum.  I generally don't take call or answer tickets, unless they relates to issues raised on here.  I'm happy to feed back to CSC line management about the difficulties that you have experienced, but I'm afriad I couldn't give you a specific reason why you weren't given an explanation about your hardware non-delivery sooner.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Thanks for that James but no one from PlusNet
has given me a firm shipping date for the router.
I need this urgently to placate my and your ciustomer.
IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK ?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I'm sorry that you haven't been given a firm date.  I can't give you a definite, but it should arrive on Thursday or Friday.
newmillscomp
Grafter

"Should arrive Thursday or Friday" cuts no ice with me.
All I am asking is simple - contact the warehouse and tell them to make sure router is shipped today
and confirm this back to me.
FORGET ABOUT YOUR USELESS FAULTY SYSTEMS AND PICK UP THE PHONE !!
zubel
Community Veteran

Often, a warehouse will not be able to take a "manual" order placed over the telephone and making an exception could cause the order to be missed entirely so "picking up the phone" may actually be detrimental to the success rate of the order being shipped.
I'm sure that Jameseh will ensure that your order is shipped as soon as is feasibly possible. 
B.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Quote from Ticket
There was a system error which resulted in the order for the router not been placed in time, once you receive the router if you contact us we will arrange for a credit to be added to your account.
Kind regards,
link:rules
link:rules is saying that the order was placed late and you are saying that the order was not received by the warehouse.
Someone is telling porkies - please give me the correct version of events.
From reading between the lines I am assuming that someone never palced theorder at all.
Appalling Customer Service - comments ?
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Removed CS agent names as per the link:rules]
James
Grafter

If you reread what I stated earlier, I can assure you that what I told you was correct.
Riyaz will not have seen that I destroyed the initial "component" for your first hardware order, after I'd placed a second one.  I'm currently looking into getting your router order sorted.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Thanks James
But please understand my frustrations. Exactly same scenario with another customer 2 months ago - took 2.5 weeks for router to arrive.
I have signed up 4 customers this month and have had a nightmare with 3 of them due to PlusNet.
I appreciate your help very much but these things should not be happening.
I have now come to the conclusion that referrals are to be avoided as I have lost too much unpaid time trying to keep my customers happy due to
failings on the part of PlusNet.
I will not be making any more referrals as I have lost too much money - it is not worth the hassle