Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capped upload speed

FIXED
RichardMounter

Capped upload speed

Hi,

I asked on live chat if it was possible to remove the upload speed cap from my connection (444kbps) as others seem to have been successful with requesting this.  

My exchange is 21CN and it looks like this should be possible however I was told that this was not available and that the only way to increase my upload speed would be to move to a fibre package.

Is this correct?

thanks

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Capped upload speed

When you put you phone number in here what speed does it say your line should support?  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/.

If it's much greater then you have a fault which is not being addressed and/or you're getting the hard sell to upgrade.

If this is close to the published figure it's probably worth upgrading, again depending on what speed the dsl checker says is available.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RichardMounter

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 11.22.35.png

This is what I get, I guess that means I'm out of luck?  My downstream is usually much higher than 3Mbps though.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Fix

You're obviously a long way from the exchange with apparently no fibre availability so I have no idea why you have been offered a fibre upgrade. If you want a faster speed then your only current option is to use a mobile service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'