cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant remember the quartlery package you offer

Jovetic
Grafter

Cant remember the quartlery package you offer

for giving me better quality, i remember it cost somethign like £25 quarter.  Basicaly i am in the middle of a peeing contest, looks like the CN21 has been done at the exchange, my mates line came back up and hes synching at 7200, although his attenuation is 44, mine is 36 and im synching at 6560. His SNR is 5 though, mine 9.  This cant be allowed lol
What can i do to get a faster rate?
How much would i gain by turning interleaving back on?
What other packages do you offer to improve the service.
I want to spend money so help me. Smiley
If i get a new router and use that DMT tool can i force my SNR?
Many Thanks
Chris
8 REPLIES 8
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Cant remember the quartlery package you offer

Hi Chris
If I understand correctly what you are asking, then there is nothing that PN can do to give you faster speeds.  The £25 a quarter will give you a faster upload, but not download.  The download is restricted by the quality of your line, so you should be seeing the fastest your line can handle.
That said, it might be worth seeing what speed you can sync at while plugged into the master socket, without anything else plugged in.  If your internal wiring is not the best, that may take a little bit out of it.
Turning interleave on will slow down your connection.  It gets turned on to help provide stability, but one of its side effects is lower sync speed and higher pings.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you get the correct router with full DMT support then you may be able to drive the noise margin down to increase speeds but it could also introduce instability and if there is too much of that the default noise margin wil go up to 12dB.
The fact that it is 9dB at present would tend to indicate that it wasn't stable at 6dB if that is indeed the default value
Jovetic
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
Hi Chris
If I understand correctly what you are asking, then there is nothing that PN can do to give you faster speeds.  The £25 a quarter will give you a faster upload, but not download.  The download is restricted by the quality of your line, so you should be seeing the fastest your line can handle.
That said, it might be worth seeing what speed you can sync at while plugged into the master socket, without anything else plugged in.  If your internal wiring is not the best, that may take a little bit out of it.
Turning interleave on will slow down your connection.  It gets turned on to help provide stability, but one of its side effects is lower sync speed and higher pings.
Phil

Thanks guys, i hav einterleaving turned off at the moment, roughly what percentage would you say it takes off of my speed?
I would also like to pay the £25 a quarter for faster uploads, how do i go about doing that please?
James
Grafter

Hi Jovetic,
You would need to raise a generic ticket for my attention stating that you are happy to be charged £25 to use the IPStream Max Premium service for 3 months.
Removing interleaving should cause your speeds to decrease though.
Jovetic
Grafter

Yes i know. i already have interleaving off "My Interleaving = 0" I was queryin as what speed would i be able to get with it on.  Thanks again, will raise a ticket come pay day.
pcoventry
Grafter

Hi Jovetic,
The max Premium service offers an upload speed of 832kbps and you will see speeds of around 82k/sec
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Note:  It is upto 832Kbs and like download speeds, it is dependent on line condition.
82KBs is a little optomistic. Due to protocol overheads it will be around 70KBs
pcoventry
Grafter

I agree it can depend, just stating from experience when I had it prior to joining PlusNet I got 82k/sec on it and my line stablised at dead on 800kbps