cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Get SSL VPN to work with netgear srxn3205

JWHplusnetUser

Cant Get SSL VPN to work with netgear srxn3205

Hi, Ive got a VPN I cant get working.
I had it working this morning by assigning the internet IP address to the netgear router from the technicolor 582n, but the IP address was dynamic, server allocated.
So I paid the fiver and got a static IP, but can no longer assign it to the netgear.
Can I do it with port forwarding rules on the technicolor, and will I be able to get to the SSL portal from the internet?
I Know I could do it with Dynamic DNS, but id rather not go down that route yet.
And incidentally, having paid for the static IP, if i configure dynamic again, and go back to static next week, do I have to pay the fiver again ?
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Cant Get SSL VPN to work with netgear srxn3205

I had it working this morning by assigning the internet IP address to the netgear router from the technicolor 582n, but the IP address was dynamic, server allocated.
The configuration should be exactly the same with a static IP. The IP is still server allocated, its just that you will get the same one every time. So assigning the internet IP to the netgear should work just the same.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JWHplusnetUser

I agree, it should be the same..... but it isnt. The router no longer assigns the static IP address. Pressing the button to allocate it to the netgear sends the page off into hyperspace for a minute then it comes back with 'unassigned'.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Is the previous IP still assigned? Wondering if that needs to be deleted first. Huh
David
JWHplusnetUser

Sorted.
Reset the router, that allowed me to assign the static IP to the the LAN device. .... but gave up on that.
Reset the router again, and set up port forwarding rules to send the incoming SSL via  Https to the netgear router.
Been using the VPN so it seems to do what it should.