cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot switch to 2.4Ghz

LauraJane

Cannot switch to 2.4Ghz

Hi!

I've recently bought an Igenix Air Conditioner which connects to the WiFi, however I cannot get it to connect! The only thing I can think is that my router is on 5Ghz and the air con only connects to 2.4Ghz. I have tried changing this in advanced settings but I do not have the option of 2.4Ghz. Help please!

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Cannot switch to 2.4Ghz

@LauraJane  hi ,the probelm is likely that the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz are using the same id(ssid).

Try unsyching them and giving a different ssid to the 5g one. You should then be able to identify the 2.4ghz one for the a/c unit to connect to.

Log on to the router, go to the Advanced section, Wireless untick, the "synch with 5Ghz on the 2.4 section. and add _5g to the 5Ghz SSID, 

You will need to reconnect any other devices that are currently connected to the 5ghz channel as its name will now be different

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LauraJane

Hi

That's the problem, in advanced settings I do not have 'Wireless'. It just says Wi-Fi. I have attached a screen shot

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@LauraJane  Aah, sorry my mistake. I didn't notice you were ADSL not Fibre. My details were for a Hub one which is dual band.

I believe you have a Hub zero from the screenshot, in which case you shouldn't have a problem as the Hub zero is ONLY 2.4ghz wifi. 

Are you sure you are using the correct password ?

Some devices can be a bit picky about the SSID being long or having 'odd' characters. You might try changing the SSID to just PLUSNET and seeing if that helps. You will have to reconnect any other devices though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LauraJane

@MisterW 

Thank you. Unfortunately it still won't work. I changed the wifi name to PLUSNET and also changed password to something more memorable. I'm beginning to think it might be an issue with the air con, unless you can think of anything else?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@LauraJane  sorry about the delay, I was reading the manual for the a/c unit. Seems it works a bit like setting up a Chromecast or Echo. You have a phone (or tablet) which is already connected to your wifi and has the Igenix app.

You start the app and switch the a/c unit into configuration mode by pressing a button for 5 seconds, the a/c unit is now broadcasting its own wifi ssid , to which the app connects. The app then allows the selection of your router wifi details which it then sends to the a/c unit, which then connects to the router. The app then reverts back to connecting to your router.

Where is the process failing for you ?

LauraJane

@MisterW

I’m so sorry for all your trouble, I have just managed to get it to work! Simply by deleting the app and re-downloading! Always the simplest solution!

Thank you so much for all your help.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

No problem, happy you've got it working.