cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive or make calls, and no internet.

Customer2000

Cannot receive or make calls, and no internet.

Internet service has been patchy for weeks but due to the holidays I have been busy, however last Friday the internet failed completely and the router would not connect. I contacted plusnet via the online system and finally heard back on Monday, they stated it was my router that was at fault so promptly I replaced this Tuesday with all the relevant settings and for good measure I replaced cables etc.......nothing still no internet. I logged in and looked at my 'question/ticket' and it clearly states under testing that there was a copper line fail. I added details to question about progress ie new router etc and that I bought a new fone to test line....... The line is dead there is no internet or phone and I have heard nothing back. I feel like I am in limbo. No internet!

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Cannot receive or make calls, and no internet.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your service

I've reported the potential line fault over to Openreach for you now and I've also updated your ticket.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Customer2000

I hope there is a resolution before 1/9/17!!! That would have left me a week without internet, also given the reputation of openreach I am not entirely confident that this isn't the start of an endless cycle of needing time of work for visits!

Fingers crossed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We've simply passed on to you the estimated response time given to us by Openreach.

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Customer2000

Fixed....internet slow!

So, internet failed last Friday after a few weeks of variable performance. Plusnet told me it was my router but internal test showed line fault, new router still nothing. They then 'identified' line fault and contact openreach...... So a week after loosing internet openreach sent me a text message saying issue had been sorted, excited I set up router etc..... Yes the telephone works and indeed it says internet is there but its so slow it isn't really working, I know things can be slow to start with but every speed test comes back with speeds of around 0.2mb... I live 400m max from the exchange, I can see it from my window. I thought oh maybe its the new router so I plugged in the old one I was told was faulty, it connects but the speed was just as slow. I left it over night...... no nothing has changed!
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Threads merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: Fixed....internet slow!

It looks like your speed is banded as a result of the recent fault.

I've reset your line now to improve your speeds.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet