Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open ports on TG585 v8 router

paqize
Grafter

Cannot open ports on TG585 v8 router

Product Name: TG585 v8
Software Release: 8.2.7.8
Hi, I am trying to open the port 12933. I turned broadband firewall off, restarted and port still remains closed when i checked with a few port chicking websites. I have done it before and it used to work but not anymore. Maybe i forgot how to open ports correctly. Can someone please let me know how to open and/or forward ports on TG585 v8 correctly?
5 REPLIES 5
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Cannot open ports on TG585 v8 router

I had the same issues with my TG585 V8 so went back to using my V7 router.  That worked with no issues.  I just thought it was me being dull  Cheesy
paqize
Grafter

you are right, i think i had v7 when it used to work...
I checked with pfportchecker and it seems to be open, useless port checking websites  :o..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
When logged into the config page go to "Home Network" then select "assign a game or application to a local network device", then add, following that enter the same port number into the port range boxes, leaving trigger port blank, the rest should be fairly self explanatory but let us know anyway if you have any issues.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paqize
Grafter

thanks for the reply, i set opened the prot but the program i am using only works with hamachi or vpn passthrough tunnel which i am currently wanting to set up. If anyone can help please check my new topic made today.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We'll get back to you shortly on the other thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team