cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get on to my router homepage

AWM

Cannot get on to my router homepage

Hi- I have a Thompson 585 router.
Recently I have been unable to get on to the router Gateway Home page. When I type in 192 etc the connnection times out. I had also bookmarked the homepage and the bookmark doesn't work either.
I have no real need at the moment to go to the Gateway home page but I may need to do so in the future.
I have not to my knowledge changed the address of the homepage.
I have recently changed my contract from a 10GB limited one to an unlimited one, might that have something to do with it?
I used to be able to get on to the homepage without any problem.
4 REPLIES 4
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Cannot get on to my router homepage

A reboot of the router should do it....switch off at the plug...wait 10 seconds....switch back on.
Ian
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's odd. If you open a command prompt and type in 'ipconfig' what does the default gateway show as?
I have recently changed my contract from a 10GB limited one to an unlimited one, might that have something to do with it?

Nope, shouldn't make any difference.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AWM

Thank you both for answering- I tried turning it off and then back on again as suggested and it worked. Should have tried that first anyway. Thanks again.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We're glad it's working Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team