cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access www.delicious.com / rapidshare.com

peter

Cannot access www.delicious.com / rapidshare.com

Hi,
Hope this is posted in the right place, Since about 4pm today I've been unable to access the bookmarking service www.delicious.com, I have tried doing a tracert and it ends up at Yahoo, restarted router, tried using opendns, and checked to make sure its happening on other computers inside the network and they are doing the same thing.
I know the service is working as I've got friends to check
Anyone got any suggestions?
Peter.
65 REPLIES 65
WAPsta

Can't Access rapidshare.com

Hi,
I've been trying all evening to access Rapidshare but it just won't work  Angry
I can't login to my premium account & even the homepage won't load !
I asked on another forum & at least 5 other members accessed it without a problem so I tried using a proxy & it loaded straight away  Huh
I just wondered if any other PlusNet users have the same problem & if it's ISP related ?

Thanks  Wink
peter

Re: Can't Access rapidshare.com

Can confirm its not loading.
WAPsta

Thanks peter  Wink
So it looks like a PN problem then ?
Hope it's only a hiccup as I've only just renewed my RS account  Angry
Not applicable

Re: Cannot access www.delicious.com

You mean http://del.icio.us ?
Its working fine from here - try the URL above and see if that gives you any joy.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've raised a problem for our networks team to have a looksie.
problem id 50084
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The OP link should redirect to your link James but it was not doing that for me either last night. Working fine now though.
WAPsta

Thanks Kelly  Wink
It's working fine this morning Smiley
Not applicable

Just wondered if the records for delicious.com had gone awol, perhaps causing problems that could be solved by using the other URL.
At the time of posting I did think that it might have been a 'last night' issue that had been resolved by this am.
EyeDE

I confirm I'm having the same problem, First Thursday night it was not working, it was working again Friday evening but right now 19:44 Saturday 16th feb its doing the same.
My browser just sits there saying it is connecting but never loads the page, eventually times out, but again I can access the site no problem via a proxy. I've flushed dns, and ran a tracert, the trace seems to be able to find it. This is getting very annoying.
-EyeDE- 
EyeDE

I cannot get to this site either, I've just posted in the "I can't get to rapidshare topic" with the exact same problem there.
I could get to rapidshare last night and first thing this morning but not now, and I can't access the abouve link right now, computer is trying but will eventually time out.
-EyeDE-
Trindak

Yep, same problems here. No access to Rapidshare on Fri 15/2 between 00:01 - 08:00 then just bounced back to life. Hope it wasn't a coincidence that it was unavailable during the entire off-peak free bandwidth usage period? However, it worked for the rest of the day on Friday but is unavailable again now (been checking between 19:00 - 20:00). Didn't get chance to try it out early hours of this morning.
No response from the http URL but change to a secure connection https and you get in, though access is VERY slow and the page is text only. Got some friends to try it out with a different ISP on a different machine and straight in, no problems (Did same on Friday morning and no problems there either). Undecided
Trindak

Just like EyeDE, I posted an issue under the Rapidshare topic earlier, and have now tried and failed to access http://del.icio.us - Just got a friend to try it through an alternate ISP with no problems (same with RS). Seems to suggest that something has gone a bit awry within the PlusNet network. Huh
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Cannot access www.delicious.com / rapidshare.com

Moderators Note
I have merged these topics as they do appear to be related.
B.
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Cannot access www.delicious.com / rapidshare.com

I can confirm that access to both of these sites appears to be broken on the PN network.
I've just checked from my home connection, and from a couple of other PN-connected computers and the result is the same - an endless timeout.
I'll see if we can't wake up a PN staffer Wink
B.