cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access any webpages (apart from the plusnet website)

JoeStaines

Cannot access any webpages (apart from the plusnet website)

Hi, two days ago i had a problem when i started up my router (a Thomson TG585 v7). All the lights would come on except the 'Internet' light, which would flash red for a couple of seconds then go off completely, then back to red and keep up this loop. I, as you can probably tell, couldn't access any webpages.
I restarted the router multiple times to no avail, so in a rather brash attempt to fic the problem, i restarted my router. After a few minor complications i managed to get that little green light to show up again. However i still cannot access any webpages until i tried the plusnet website, which worked.
I done the connectivity check through the router and the problem was still relating to the 'Internet' part of it. It says the problem is 'Connectivity to Gateway (195.166.128.xxx)' with the last set of numbers ranging from 126 to 30 to 75 etc (i gather thats just the router connecting to the different PlusNet gateways when i restart my router). I have tried setting the IP addess and the DNS server address' both manually and dynamically to no effect EXCEPT when i changed the Default Gateway to the one shown that was the problem.
What happened then was when i did the connectivity check, all of the checks were successful except i still couldn't access any websites, not even the PlusNet website. However i could log on to Xbox Live which i couldn't do before. I have used the fault checker but i haven't it hasn't been answered yet, but it does say 'Results confirm DSL fault'.
4 REPLIES 4
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Cannot access any webpages (apart from the plusnet website)

Hi Joe and Welcome to the forums,
I have looked into this for you and responded to your online support request.
The problems you are facing are by design in part due to your account settings. I do however suspect problems on your account which we can look into later today once the account has reset itself.
Addnan
Grafter

I had the exact same issue when I first joined, customer service told me to lots of stuff that didn't help. Then jameseh fixed it in a minute. Not on my computer right now so can't give the link to the thread. Sorry. I'll find the thread in the morning.
Addnan
Grafter

Has your problem been fixed? It sounds similar to mine. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80292.msg653772.html#msg653772
The staff doesn't say what the fix was, but I'm sure if another staff clicks on my name they'll find what they need to. 
prichardson
Grafter

This problem has indeed been resolved.
The problem was caused by the customers account preferences and not a service fault.