Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Internet

Parry88
Dabbler

Cannot Connect to Internet

Hello
I have Fibre Broadband using the Technicolor router.
I have been fine with it for over a month but Saturday  27/10/12 my internet connection light on my Router went off.
I tried everything to reset this by resetting it back to factory settings and entering my dsl username and password in but still nothing and every time I tried to connect the red light would come up then go off after it failed with an error message saying router concentrator not reachable
Any help on this would be great
Thanks
33 REPLIES 33
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Cannot Connect to Internet

Have you tried restarting the BT Openreach modem, then restarting your router?
David
prichardson
Grafter

If you have a laptop, or your machine is close enough to the Openreach modem, the following guide may assist you in testing.
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
If you can connect following this, you should factory reset your Technicolor with the reset hole at the back (hold this down for 5-10 seconds, and release when you see the power light change colour).
If this then continues to not work after 15 mins or so, contact us and we should be arranging a replacement.
If the above link does not assist, again contact us and we should be raising a fault report for you.
Parry88
Dabbler

I haven't turned my modem on and off no as all three lights on there were green so didn't think I needed to.
thanks for that Phil I am not currently home so won't be able to test this until later today but I will try setting up the PPPoE and seeing if it helps.
I have logged this in with the Network help support team as of yesterday as I also went through Resetting my router back to factory settings and putting in my dsl details again but no luck, they thought it could be maintenance on the exchange in my local area but I checked this and there doesn't seem to be any problems.
If this still continues I will contact you as what would need replacing just the technicolor router.
Thanks
Parry88
Dabbler

Hi Phil
I tried the PPPoE yesterday and followed the link but with no outcome as I could not connect to it.
I contacted the support team again last night where they told me to turn off my router and modem for 65minutes and try login in as bt_test@startup_domain, password: test this did not work and I have tried everything I can to connect to the internet still with no outcome and with the red light on the router coming on when i try and connect then going off again with the error message saying concentrator not reachable.
Huh
Thanks
prichardson
Grafter

In which case, we need to investigate this as a fault for you.
You can raise this yourself if it has not already been done for you on the following link, or call our support centre.
https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
Parry88
Dabbler

Thanks for the link Phil I have now done this.
I have also raised two questions regarding this issue and have been on the phone Saturday, Sunday night and last night.
I am really not happy with this at the moment as this still hasn't been looked into.
If someone could contact me regarding the progress of this and if I could be sent a router to see if a new one works then I would appreciate it.
Thanks
jtm151
Dabbler

It's a bit of a long shot but you don't live near me in (location removed) do you? I have exactly the same error but mine was on a new fibre insall. Had an engineer down at the cabinet on 27/10.
Parry88
Dabbler

Hello jtm
no I don't I live North Wales. Oh really well mine is Fibre to the Cabinet, but I don't think there is a problem with the cabinet as my next door neighbors internet is fine but he is with BT. I just want to know the problem to be honest so I can have my internet back up and running.  It could be the hardware but I have only had the install done on 25/09/12 so just over a month Sad
jtm151
Dabbler

OK, considering you have exactly same error/red internet light that does not stay lit after trying to connect, I thought it was worth asking Smiley
May be a completly different problem but I will watch this thread to see what result you get... hopefully sooner rather that later for your sake!
My thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108801.0.html
Parry88
Dabbler

Yea thanks and same to you as well :)...I can't cope without having the internet these days Smiley
Parry88
Dabbler

Just to keep you updated my internet is still not on Sad I phoned up then again Monday night and they then sent me a text message from Plusnet on Tuesday Morning saying they are currently testing my broadband line and will be in touch when they have more info.
I still haven't heard anything back regarding this matter and I am really starting to get frustrated with this as no conclusion to what the problem is has been made!!
jtm I hope you have managed to get your internet back up and running so i can have a little hope :)....I did phone them again last night and they said it has been logged with the faults team and I should get a phone call or text TODAY.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just been looking into this with a member of our faults team they believe a possible cause may be an issue with our TR069 system which is responsible for making sure your router connects automatically with the right details.
We'd advise a factory reset of the router next, to do that you'd just need to hold a hairpin/cocktail stick etc in the recess on the back of the router for about 15 seconds, the lights with go out then flash to confirm that's taken place.
The best thing to do after that is to leave it idle for 15 minutes and test the connection. If there's no joy after that drop me a reply and I'll make sure we pick this up again today for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jtm151
Dabbler

Quote from: Parry88
Just to keep you updated my internet is still not on Sad I phoned up then again Monday night and they then sent me a text message from Plusnet on Tuesday Morning saying they are currently testing my broadband line and will be in touch when they have more info.
I still haven't heard anything back regarding this matter and I am really starting to get frustrated with this as no conclusion to what the problem is has been made!!
jtm I hope you have managed to get your internet back up and running so i can have a little hope :)....I did phone them again last night and they said it has been logged with the faults team and I should get a phone call or text TODAY.

Still no change my end Sad  Plusnet do seem to be on their suppliers case though. I am expecting another update soon.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@jtm151
Sorry to hear you're still having issues too. In case you were unaware one of my colleagues on the faults team has noted that they'll be chasing the fault up again shortly for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team