cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account

pug2791
Hooked

Cancelling account

Is there any way other than phone to cancel?  I have called twice this morning.  First time I got through to Luke, told him I wanted to cancel, he asked if I could wait a moment at which point I was put in to a different call queue and after a few minutes the line went dead.

Second call I got through to Jack who apparently couldn't hear me and so hung up the phone.

Is there any other way to cancel as I cannot spend all day trying to get through to then have the call hung up for one reason or another?

I am cancelling because I am moving in to someone else's house that already has broadband and therefore have no reason to take the phone across and am not looking for a "deal" to stay.  Please can someone advise how to sort this as 2 calls (the first of which was clearly the operator getting rid of my call) is as much as I am willing to do when I have to sit in queues just to get to the point the person hangs up on me.

2 REPLIES 2
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Cancelling account

Hi @pug2791, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sincerely sorry for the experience you have had when trying to get in touch to cancel your account, I do appreciate the frustration this would cause. I'll certainly investigate the calls that have taken place and pass on feedback where appropriate.

With regards to cancelling the account, there are limited ways of being able to process this. The easiest way is by phone, however I'm aware the experience with calling has been less than positive. To prevent being passed round different departments, our Customer Options can be contacted directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are available between:

08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Alternatively, you can send a letter of cancellation to The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Let us know if you need anything else.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
pug2791
Hooked

Re: Cancelling account

Hi Alice,

Many thanks for the quick response - that phone number was answered quickly and the account has been cancelled.

Thanks for your help