Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation fees when upgrading from broadband to full fibre

FIXED
Stephana

Cancellation fees when upgrading from broadband to full fibre

Hi there, 

Just organised an upgrade from my regular broadband to full fibre and the guy on the phone clearly told me that I wouldn't have to pay the cancellation fee on my current broadband cause I'm just upgrading. However, I just received a letter on the post saying "sorry you are leaving plusnet bla bla bla", which I assume is an automatic trigger, but at the very bottom the letter is stating "You'll receive a cancellation bill with the charges you need to pay". 

Basically, I assume the above is just an automatic response from the system, but just want to make sure I won't have to pay any cancellation fees cause of the upgrade, because if I do I might as well cancel the upgrade and move to another provider. Other offer better value actually. Can anybody please confirm?

Thanks a lot, 

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Cancellation fees when upgrading from broadband to full fibre

Fix

It was confirmed by staff here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Just-upgraded-to-the-Full-Fibre-900/m-p/1881932#M23498 that it is a bug in the automated system

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stephana

Re: Cancellation fees when upgrading from broadband to full fibre

Thanks a lot for confirming! appreciate it! That is good to know, was getting a bit worried here