Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation costs

drmiket
Grafter

Cancellation costs

Hello all,
Yes, me again  :D. Can you guess what I'm thinking yet?
This question is for PlusNet staff, but if others here know the answer feel free to answer.
I have read the terms and conditions and cancellation page but want specifics.
1) How much is the cancellation fee if
a) I cancel before the 12 months contract is up?
b) I cancel after 12 months?
2) How much is the hardware, in this case a Thomson 585
a) before 12 months contract is up?
b) cancel after contract expires?
3) can I return the router and not be charged for it, seeing as it's useless to me if I move to a new ISP who also provide one?
4) How much is your 0845 number charged at per minute?

Please note I have looked for this info but found the website lacking. The nearest thing to a cost is "we can supply a router from £20". It's either well hidden or absent.
In case PlusNet staff are wondering why I am asking in here, it's because I don't want to wait in a queue or raise another ticket and wait 3 days for someone to deem to read it, not answer, and then copy and paste I have 14 days to reply or they will close it. As stutter has said your systems are not doing customers any favours.
I am currently in two minds whether to get my MAC now or after xmas, following the current state of service and support I am not getting.
regards,
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
paulby
Grafter

Re: Cancellation costs

The "cancellation fee" only applies if you cancel broadband on your line completely.  Migration to another provider using a MAC doesn't attract the £25 charge.
In all cases though you would only pay the deferred cost of any hardware and activation/migration if you left before 12 months - you don't pay any subscription costs.  If you left after 12 months there would be no charge for the router or activation/migration.
You can find out the cost of your hardware here.  There *should* be a line item referring to deferred hardware costs.
As for returning the router - a PN staff member should be able to answer that.
0845 costs are dependent on your phone provider and are not set by Plusnet (unless Plusnet is your provider).
From a Plusnet line it's free to call the 0845 support number.  If you're with BT or another provider it'll be dependent on your package and their charges will apply. (Calls to 0845 are free with some BT packages and 1.96p/min out of bundle at daytime rates.)

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've responded to your latest ticket. I hope you decide not to leave, but to answer your questions:
Quote from: drmiket

a) £70 (£40 hardware, £30 setup) plus 10 days notice and billing until you migrated, plus cease charge of £25 if cancelling outright.
b) 10 days notice and billing until you migrated, plus cease charge of £25 if cancelling outright.
2) How much is the hardware, in this case a Thomson 585
a) before 12 months contract is up?
b) cancel after contract expires?

a) £40
b) nothing
3) can I return the router and not be charged for it, seeing as it's useless to me if I move to a new ISP who also provide one?

Unfortunately not as we wouldn't be able to resell it.
4) How much is your 0845 number charged at per minute?

Free if you're on Plusnet Home Phone, if not it's charged at whatever your provider charges for these calls (BT and a couple of others include these calls).
drmiket
Grafter

Thanks to both repliers. I obviously didn't look hard enough  :-\.
regards,
Mike