cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancell Broadband but keep domain and email?

adz07

Cancell Broadband but keep domain and email?

I thought this would be the best place for my question..
My mom has had broadband from Plus.net for around 3 years now and had a domain registered also with Plus.net.
She have now moved and the price of Plus.net broadband packages just aren't as competative as some.
My question is, do you think it is possible to stop the broadband package but keep the domain and all email boxes with plus.net?
Anyone  got an idea as to what it might cost?
4 REPLIES 4
pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Cancell Broadband but keep domain and email?

Hello
Ive' just had this information in my mac request
Please note:
- If you have any "value-add" services (e.g. Broadband Phone or CCGI), these will no longer continue to operate once you've moved. Also, if you have a domain name registered with us, you may be charged a cancellation fee if you decide to join a different supplier.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You can keep the domain and email by requesting that your account be changed to a PAYG dialup account, however you will need to pay hosting and/or registration fees on this account.
Regarding the actual package, have you seen the new options we have introduced recently? There's probably a suitable option in there.
If there is anything we can do to help you here please do let us know. Smiley
adz07

Hi Mand,
If i switch over to PAYG will I have to keep dialing in everyso oftern to stop my account being deactivated?
Thanks,
Adam
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If the account isn't used for 3 months it's automatically archived, you can prevent this by either dialling in, logging in to the portal or logging in to get the email. Each one registers as account activity and will therefore keep the account open.
Hope that helps,