cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling earlier due to poor speed

Dsx333

Canceling earlier due to poor speed

I'm canceled early because of disconections and poor speed which hit an all time low since October 2021. Not getting much of a way of communication with the automated customer support or email or chat. I had a perfect connection before I switched from EE to plus et. I requested a new box and someone to come out and check my line but being ignored I've decided to throw in the towel. I just sharing my experience because it's not been present and I've put up with a lot. I was only getting less than 0.5mbps before I chose to cancel my direct debit. Will I be paying my cancelation fee, not until I've spoken with Ofcom about the Ofcom code of practice for broadband speed. And put in a formal complaint.
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Canceling earlier due to poor speed

@Dsx333 You reported a problem back in July last year. Did you do as was suggested in that topic and report a problem?

If you cancel your DD before giving Plusnet a chance to investigate, you will most likely find that the account will be passed to debt collectors.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Dsx333 

From reading the history it looks like it was you who 'threw in the towel' last July by failing to come back here.

Good luck with the Debt Collectors, damaged Credit Record and complaint to Ofcom.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Relying on email and chat to get problems sorted is a major problem for you and will not help your case with Ofcom.

There has never been an email address to contact support and chat was disabled almost 2 years ago.

Good luck in you quest!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Looking back at your previous post there is no evidence in that thread that you engaged with the process. If you want problem resolution you need to engage with the process. Did you ever follow up on the suggestion from @Gandalf ?

Broadband dropping on inbound calls invariably point to a faulty filter (which you’ve changed) or a faulty line card in the exchange … investigation of which needs engineer engagement as Gandalf sought to arrange for you.

So are you now going to engage with the process?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @Dsx333,

I'm really sorry for the ongoing problem with your connection and for the undue stress this is causing.

I can see my colleague @Gandalf did as some question to help us narrow down some of the symptoms we were seeing but we had no response back. I can also see that a fault was raised in August and our fault team requested to send an engineer to investigate the issue further but had no response.

I can assure you that we will always endeavour to resolve faults as quickly as possible and look at a refund for any services that are unusable, having said that we do need to be given time and be allowed to go down all avenues of trying to resolve the fault.

I will have taken ownership of your complaint and I really would like to progress this to a resolution.

Please can you advised the following on the ticket here;

Have you tried an alternative micro-filter?

Can you also look at the image below and advise if the spaces where the router is dropping is anyone turning the router off?

In regards to the low speed this is because the line has been banded and the speed reduced due to drops shown in the image below. Once I can get to the source of the drops, I can advised the best step forward.

Connection

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

That very much looks like a router being turned on and then off only when “it’s needed” which will utterly cripple proficient performance of the broadband connection. Whilst that method of operation persists speeds will be well below their best potential.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Totally agree, @Townman .Maybe if the OP had followed up on their original topic, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

John