Did you mean: 

Can we buy microfilters from Plusnet?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Can we buy microfilters from Plusnet?

Hi all
Is it possible to buy these from PN?
I know you can get them from the likes of ebay but I'd rather get the originals from an official company instead of some cheap make from some anonymous seller.
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Can we buy microfilters from Plusnet?

I thought that Plusnet were offering to send you more for free, at the time the Hub Zero was launched (which was only supplied with one microfilter).
Cagney1994
Rising Star

The only router I've got is the Technicolor one (since 2013) and I remember receiving 2 of the filters at the time. I'm just wondering if we can get some more; obviously at cost.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've got piles of the things!  Cheesy (All good designs, the rubbish ones get binned)
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Do you have a master socket that's suitable for a filtered faceplate, instead of using plug in microfilters? You need the NTE5 type of master socket.
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Thanks HPsauce  Grin
And yes, my socket's the NTE5 one.
HPsauce
Pro

Filtered faceplate is the way to go, specifically the latest VDSL ones that work equally well with ADSL and are a very clever design.
The main problem is that, due to Royal Mail size rules, filters cost far more to post than to buy. I'd happily give them away to anyone who can collect them.
They "just about" fit within the "Large Letter" (max 25mm thick) category so you can post them for under a pound.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Cagney1994,
We don't sell those separately but these are widely available from lots of retailers and don't tend to vary in quality that much unless you do want to consider trying a filtered faceplate which are a favoured solution by many.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro

Just a very slight caution re filtered faceplates.
BT will be introducing a new NTE5C faceplate very soon (early 2016?) which is a very different design for "toolless" installation.
This will, I understand, not be compatible with current equipment, apart from the wall-plate/backplate. And extension wiring will not be connected to the faceplate but to the rear section in some way.
So, easy to install for engineers but if, for whatever reason, you get one existing interstitial/replacement faceplates won't fit.